Reaction score
I'm working with a dentist who's extremely nervous about giving me access to his Google accounts because it's all tied to his personal stuff - which includes gaining access to his patient emails and info (if I decided to dig into his Gmail, which of course I would never do). He wants to know if there is anyway to give someone "admin" access without having to hand over his own login details.

I've never run into this before. I don't think there is a way to give someone "admin access" to a Google+ Local listing or to someone's Google account is there? If not, how do you guys handle this concern?

The dentist totally trusts me,he just feels nervous about the whole thing and I guess I don't blame him but I don't think we have a choice...right?

Travis

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Is it a merged G+ page or just Place page?

If merged I just made an announcement that may help. Let me know if merged and if you missed it and I'll find it.

If just a Place page, there is no way currently with the Places dashboard. I've only had 2 clients even express any concerns and I just worked to build trust. I explained it's the only way for me to help them and I am far too busy to do anything but log in and work on their Place page. Even if I had time to, my ethics would never allow me to look at their emails. And that was enough and they always gave me access.

Reaction score
Linda:

It's the old school Google+ Local dashboard. This guy trusts me and has already told me if there is no other way, he'll give me access.

I missed the announcement on merged listings. If you have time, can you point me in the right direction? If not, no big deal. I'll hunt it down myself later today.

Thanks,

Travis

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Here you go Travis. All important Google updates are in the IMPORTANT section to make them easier to find.

Multiple Managers & Transfer Ownership Added to Local Google+ Business Pages

But again, I would not set up G+ and merge just to get that feature for this client because Google says NOT to merge right now since they are auto-updating everyone to G+ and it could mess you up. Did you see that announcement? It's REALLY important and is a sticky at the top of the IMPORTANT forum.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
F Stock Photos for Products for a Dentist Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 10
S GMB For Dentist Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
Andy Keyword stuffing - dentist NYC Spam on Google 3
brownaddesign Dentist Still Associated With Former Employer's GMB Local Search 7
Jon Cahen Dentist Algo Change? Organic SEO 2
J This Pediatric Dentist has NO Idea Who She's up Against! Recycle Bin 0
Trevor Tynes Dentist on Yellowpages Citations 2
Chris Ratchford Schema markup for Orthodontist... Dentist or Physician? Local Search 2
J 1 dentist at 1 dental office Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tony Wang Temporary Relocation for Dentist? Nightmare? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Chris Ratchford Patient writes 1 star review for dentist at all 5 locations... Local Reviews 16
Grabgooglesgoogles GMB Categories: Dentist + Dental Clinic Google My Business & Google Maps 8
bczubiak Performing Client Audits. Dentist Phone Number Not Showing up in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoshuaMackens Getting The Correct Dentist To Show Local Search 4
D Putting the City Name in Dentist's GMB Listing Local Search 11
Tyson Downs What Would You Do? Two Dentists, One Office Help & Support for Google Local 0
B Dentist w/ 6 Possible Locations - How to Deal with Citations? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
bczubiak Came Across My First .care Domain For a Dentist Local Search 2
bczubiak Local Search - Dentist is considering changing his name due to racial profiling Local Search 6
Scott Rawlins New Dentist, New Site, Same Address, Phone and Staff Citations 9
Klaas Koopman Local SEO For Dentists... hard market right? Consultant's Corner 3
R Dentist that Killed Lion, SLAUGHTERED by Reviews. Reported to Google... Local Reviews 24
Linda Buquet 10 Content & Copywriting Tips for Dentists that Put you Ahead of the Pack Local Search 0
R how would you handle a dentist practice sold to a new owner Help & Support for Google Local 6
Rich Owings Dentist practice/practicioner change of NAW Help & Support for Google Local 14
Linda Buquet Will New gTLD Domains Like .dentist Boost SEO Rankings??? Local Search 21
Linda Buquet ▶ Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week for Dentists Local Search 3
M Real Estate, Layers, Doctors & Dentists... Accountants? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Margaret Ornsby Real Estate, Layers, Doctors & Dentists... Accountants? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
7 Dentist with a GREAT website and GREAT local pages listing gets KILLEDby others! Help & Support for Google Local 2
Linda Buquet Local Search Tips for Doctors, Dentists & Chiropractors by Tyson Downs Local Search 5
V Rank Puzzle - When a Dentist Ranks who is doing EVERYTHING "wrong", or doing NOTHING. Ranking Puzzles 13
vmessina Rank Puzzle - When a Dentist Ranks who is doing EVERYTHING "wrong", or doing NOTHING. Ranking Puzzles 13
H Dentist showing up twice when hovering over map... Duplicate? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
HurricaneK8 Dentist showing up twice when hovering over map... Duplicate? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Linda Buquet NEW! Local Carousel now shows Dentists, Drs & Attorneys Google My Business & Google Maps 8
L Ranking Puzzle - Why in the World Does this Dentist Rank #1? Ranking Puzzles 14
Linda Buquet Ranking Puzzle - Why in the World Does this Dentist Rank #1? Ranking Puzzles 14
Linda Buquet Forrest Gump does Google Local, G+ for Dentists & More Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google+ Primer for Dentists - Episode 1 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
I Dentist Maps Optimization - Dr's Listing vs. Practice Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
iFuse Dentist Maps Optimization - Dr's Listing vs. Practice Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Curious what you recommend about dental practice with multiple dentists! Google Duplicates & Merges 4
J Curious what you recommend about dental practice with multiple dentists! Google Duplicates & Merges 4
S Dentist Leaving Practice Moving or Name Changes 1
Scott Rawlins Dentist Leaving Practice Moving or Name Changes 1
Travis Van Slooten 2 Dentist Locations with One Main Local Number? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2