More threads by Jim Froling

Solutions
Reaction score
I was talking with a prospective client today who asked why I don't optimize my own GMB listing. I assured him I do. However, among other things he did not see my business description. He was using the Safari browser. When he switched to Chrome a more complete set of information, including business description, was presented.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice on how to optimize a GMB listing so it shows consistent info across all browsers?

@Jim Froling, there's nothing you can do in terms of optimizing GMB. Also, descriptions do show up on Safari. Did the prospective client switch devices (from desktop to mobile)? Descriptions are less visible on mobile browsers.

I'm a PC girl, so I don't have much experience with Apple products (or browsers) personally.

However, I've run into similar issues with clients who said their GBL was incorrect, but I was seeing it as correct. Turns out they were using an Apple device, and they were defaulting to Apple Maps, which shows a different listing. Once they manually switch to Google, they saw what I was seeing.

Is it possible that their Safari browser has Apple Maps set as the default map? And Chrome is set to Google Map? That would explain things if so.

@Jim Froling, there's nothing you can do in terms of optimizing GMB. Also, descriptions do show up on Safari. Did the prospective client switch devices (from desktop to mobile)? Descriptions are less visible on mobile browsers.
That makes perfect sense @Phil Rozek . I know he has an iPhone but didn't ask him if that was the device he was using at the time. As he switched browsers on the fly I'm assuming he was on a desktop or laptop but I'll confirm and report back. Hope you're well, Phil.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom