abbiebeltran

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
One of my clients had a disgruntled former employee leave 9 1 star reviews on their GMB listing. The reviews were all posted around the same time and the names that were used are singers or actors names. I have checked all the profiles of the alleged people leaving the bad review and they all have one contribution: the negative review on my client's GMB Profile. We flagged the reviews for removal under "Conflict of Interest" with no success. We also had a call with Google Support that informed us that the reviews are not violating guidelines thus could not be removed. Just wanted to check if anyone had advice on how to move forward to get these reviews removed.

Thanks!

Don Archer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
One of my clients had a disgruntled former employee leave 9 1 star reviews on their GMB listing. The reviews were all posted around the same time and the names that were used are singers or actors names. I have checked all the profiles of the alleged people leaving the bad review and they all have one contribution: the negative review on my client's GMB Profile. We flagged the reviews for removal under "Conflict of Interest" with no success. We also had a call with Google Support that informed us that the reviews are not violating guidelines thus could not be removed. Just wanted to check if anyone had advice on how to move forward to get these reviews removed.

Thanks!
I have had this happen before and had success at getting the review removed by replying. I'm not sure if my reply to the reviewer made the difference or not. But, I simply stated in the reply that the account is obviously a "fake account" and pointing out that there's just one review on that account. I'm not saying that my reply is what prompted Google to remove the negative review, but the review was removed. Also, try flagging the reviews more than once. Good luck

abbiebeltran

Reaction score
I have had this happen before and had success at getting the review removed by replying. I'm not sure if my reply to the reviewer made the difference or not. But, I simply stated in the reply that the account is obviously a "fake account" and pointing out that there's just one review on that account. I'm not saying that my reply is what prompted Google to remove the negative review, but the review was removed. Also, try flagging the reviews more than once. Good luck
Thanks for the tip!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Brian Bender Any success removing former and/or disgruntled employees' negative reviews? Local Reviews 8
C Disgruntled Employee - Redirecting Backlink to a Different URL On My Page Organic SEO 3
JohnS Disgruntled x-employee leaving fake Facebook reviews Local Reviews 4
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
brownaddesign Dentist Still Associated With Former Employer's GMB Local Search 7
Cherie Dickey Review left by former employee - against standards? Local Reviews 12
Tim Colling Client's former web dev agency portfolio contains incorrect citation data Local Search 2
Travis Van Slooten Former Business Partner Holding Google Maps Listing Hostage - How to Resolve? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
frederickwebpro Current best practice for G+ "introduction" (Formerly Google Places Description) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
WifiMech Hello from Toronto, the City of Former Mayor Rob Ford Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 6
Linda Buquet Local SEO Warning: City in Title Tag - Former Google Spam Team Member Speaks Out Local Search 22
S Mentioning Employees Name Local Reviews 2
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
keyserholiday Business getting trashed for firing an employee Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Issues With Getting a Review From Ex Employee Removed on Google Local Reviews 23
Garrett Sussman How to Hire Support Employees that Guarantee Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 5
Garrett Sussman Your Employee Gets Called Out In a Review. Now What? Local Reviews 6
Tim Colling Rude call from Google employee (?) and moved office gets marked as closed Local Search 5
L Training Employees on Local SEO Consultant's Corner 7
G Fuck google - Let's destroy all entity including owners and employees - GoState.com Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Research Shows Under-cover Google Employees are "Top Reviewers" - Interesting Local Reviews 0
G Is Employee Background Verification beneficial to the employers? Recycle Bin 1
C Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5