More threads by abbietorres

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
One of my clients had a disgruntled former employee leave 9 1 star reviews on their GMB listing. The reviews were all posted around the same time and the names that were used are singers or actors names. I have checked all the profiles of the alleged people leaving the bad review and they all have one contribution: the negative review on my client's GMB Profile. We flagged the reviews for removal under "Conflict of Interest" with no success. We also had a call with Google Support that informed us that the reviews are not violating guidelines thus could not be removed. Just wanted to check if anyone had advice on how to move forward to get these reviews removed.

Thanks!

Ugh, that sounds frustrating. If Google is refusing to remove them then I would probably advise you seek legal counsel. Obviously, that option isn't cheap but if it's damaging the business, I would say it's worth it.

Hello everyone,
One of my clients had a disgruntled former employee leave 9 1 star reviews on their GMB listing. The reviews were all posted around the same time and the names that were used are singers or actors names. I have checked all the profiles of the alleged people leaving the bad review and they all have one contribution: the negative review on my client's GMB Profile. We flagged the reviews for removal under "Conflict of Interest" with no success. We also had a call with Google Support that informed us that the reviews are not violating guidelines thus could not be removed. Just wanted to check if anyone had advice on how to move forward to get these reviews removed.

Thanks!
I have had this happen before and had success at getting the review removed by replying. I'm not sure if my reply to the reviewer made the difference or not. But, I simply stated in the reply that the account is obviously a "fake account" and pointing out that there's just one review on that account. I'm not saying that my reply is what prompted Google to remove the negative review, but the review was removed. Also, try flagging the reviews more than once. Good luck

I have had this happen before and had success at getting the review removed by replying. I'm not sure if my reply to the reviewer made the difference or not. But, I simply stated in the reply that the account is obviously a "fake account" and pointing out that there's just one review on that account. I'm not saying that my reply is what prompted Google to remove the negative review, but the review was removed. Also, try flagging the reviews more than once. Good luck
Thanks for the tip!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom