More threads by Carenp11

Carenp11

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new and glad to be here!

Does anyone have an inside connection at Google they would be willing to share with me in a PM? Or could you possible help yourself? or consider contacting someone at G about this offensive content/ transfer ownership issue? It's not for me, it's for one of my biz owners. He recently bought a very cool and diversely welcoming neighborhood bar in New Orleans. An employee of the former owner was let go in the transition and the impacts of CV-19. She had set up the GMB when she was working there, so she owns it and she ain't giving it up nicely. Jon has asked, she's refused and now not returning his calls.

She recently posted the pic you will see in the first link, in the photos section. I had Jon and his friends report this picture as offensive, and Google took it down. Then, to show you how low-down she is, she created a google website from the GMB, featuring that same pic! It is now showing up in the Google searches! My biz owner, who is white, is horrified and outraged. Also a statement from the biz on the cover of the GMB: "leave your BLM crap at the door" Here is the Google biz site she created :( : ...https://evangeline.business.site/

Google no longer has a support phone number (at least not that's showing publicly), they announced they took it down and are working strictly off of form reports of problems. Jon has done that, no answer. He's also tried to claim, with no luck as you will see in his post. I had him post this in the Google community, no response. that report is here: https://support.google.com/business/thread/67046165?hl=en And here's the GMB: https://bit.ly/3gCcV6K

Bottom line, Jon needs Google to transfer this GMB to his ownership, since he truly does own the bar now, and can provide whatever proof G wants. We just need to be able to reach G and for G to respond and get the transfer done. Then all of this offensive crap can be removed. Thanks for whatever help you guys can give!

Hi @Carenp11

You've taken the exact right steps. I've pinged a few GMB Product Experts and asked them to escalate to Google. As its the weekend I'm not sure of their availability but I"m sure they'll take a look at their earliest convenience.

In the meantime, be sure to document everything with screenshots, etc. just in case. This is clear politicization so it SHOULD come down/be fixed but you just never know with Google. I'm not sure what documentation Google needs but a business registration in your client's name with the state is likely the minimum.

Hope this helps - so sorry your client is dealing with THIS on top of everything else!

Carrie

Thanks so much Carrie! Def screenshotting everything! I agree, appears clear cut re ownership transfer and removal of offensive pics and posting. Appreciate you reaching out to some folks about this one.

Hi @CarrieHill. Thanks again for contacting some GMB Product Experts about this issue. No one has responded yet. Would you mind possibly pinging them again? It really has my client upset that this is out for the world to see, wrongly representing the ownership's views with offensive pictures and copy. Appreciate any help you can give in getting this GMB transferred into the rightful owner's hands so all of this can be remedied. Thanks so much!

Did the business owner go through the steps to claim the listing? If they have access to the mail at the address of the location, then it will be possible to get a new postcard sent to reclaim ownership.

... reading through the support thread, I see more details. I will follow up there.

Did the business owner go through the steps to claim the listing? If they have access to the mail at the address of the location, then it will be possible to get a new postcard sent to reclaim ownership.

... reading through the support thread, I see more details. I will follow up there.
Hi @Yan Gilbert ! Yes they did! I actually responded to your note directily from Google help. And so has the business owner. Did you receive all of that? Bottom line, yes, he finally received a post card, but doesn not have access to the GMB to enter it. Hostile former employee controls, but he now owns the business. Jon also sent you proof of ownership docs. I would SO appreciate you help, getting ownership transferred to Jon, so he can control, update and remove all offensive, racist material posted by this former employee.

Again, please lmk one way or the other, that you received responses and followups from me and Jon through Google help.

Thanks so much! Caren

Thanks @Yan Gilbert ok great! Everything I mentioned was sent as responses back to you on the email notification from Google. I will send all of that in a message to you here. One question: where exactly would he enter that pin, when he logs in to that gmail account? Since he can't currently get into the GMB dashboard?

I don't know exactly where offhand as Google keeps changing the process, but on the postcard it should say what page to go to. I believe he should be able to get to the GMB dashboard though, and the listing will be there awaiting verification.

@Yan Gilbert! My business owner is now the verified owner of thus GMB! It's funny how the littlest thing you said just made it click for me. After reading your last response, I realized Jon may not have known how to navigate through G to the point to enter the code. I got the code from him, and after a few additional hiccups involving Jon not remembering what email and pw he had used to request transfer of ownership, I got through. But the code he gave was not valid anymore. At least one more code had been issued. Turned out it was two more codes, and one worked! Interestingly, the code must have been loaded by G to remove that noxious quote from the GMB. It disappeared right away. G had already taken down the toxic photo and webpage. So all is well! I think G was inundated with requests from multiple fronts on this one, and your help was a huge part of getting this done! I will put this same response on the G community for you, too. Again, many thanks from Jon and me! And thanks as well to @CarrieHill and @djbaxter for taking the time to help and make reach out to contacts to help get this resolved. It takes a village!

@Yan Gilbert! My business owner is now the verified owner of thus GMB! It's funny how the littlest thing you said just made it click for me. After reading your last response, I realized Jon may not have known how to navigate through G to the point to enter the code. I got the code from him, and after a few additional hiccups involving Jon not remembering what email and pw he had used to request transfer of ownership, I got through. But the code he gave was not valid anymore. At least one more code had been issued. Turned out it was two more codes, and one worked! Interestingly, the code must have been loaded by G to remove that noxious quote from the GMB. It disappeared right away. G had already taken down the toxic photo and webpage. So all is well! I think G was inundated with requests from multiple fronts on this one, and your help was a huge part of getting this done! I will put this same response on the G community for you, too. Again, many thanks from Jon and me! And thanks as well to @CarrieHill and @djbaxter for taking the time to help and make reach out to contacts to help get this resolved. It takes a village!

I'm so glad they found some help & resolution to a messy issue!

Awesome that you were able to get everything fixed. (y)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom