More threads by MKubot

MKubot

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone tested if it helps you rank for keywords if they're in your GMB descriptions? If it does help, has any seen keyword stuffing in the descriptions get punished?

Basically...what would happen if you put a few "about us" sentences, but then listed relevant keywords in your GMB description. Would it have a positive impact, no impact at all or a negative (spam) impact?

Thanks!

I don't think so. According to some great minds, G doesn't even look at the description in GMB.

I've tested this and have seen no impact. Have also heard directly from Google that they don't consider the descriprion in the ranking algo.

Mike Blumenthal has touched on this in a few posts in the past:

I have a 32 location client and we added descriptiosn two months ago, and though its' not the greatest test ever, there was no impact at all on traffic to the GMB profiles after adding descriptions.

Have also heard directly from Google that they don't consider the descriprion in the ranking algo.

I was at the event where Google mentioned this and I can also confirm from our own testing that it does not impact ranking.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom