More threads by RobinOctane

Reaction score
I notice that Doctors/Dentists names in Google Places are sometimes last name first.

Forgive me but is this standard practice?

Do you build citations with last name first?

Or do you change it in Google, first name then last name and then start citation building?

Curious how to handle this.

The way I would handle it is to do Dr. First Last and link to a bio page or an About Us type page. This would be for a single practitioner within a practice. This way, the practitioner listing does not compete with the main practice listing.

I would also probably do your NAP cleanup first, then go back and correct the G+ listing.

Just my 2 cents.:)

Thanks Colan. I was looking for that when I got side tracked.

This way, the practitioner listing does not compete with the main practice listing.

Also Agree with Rawly and Colon. Clean up your citations first though. Express Update is known for flipping names and then doubling them up, Especially if the name of the business is also the doctors name. ( James, Todd DDS MS: James, Todd DDS MS) As for the competing Dr. listings, I have had great success having Google delete a Dr. G+ Listing ONLY if it is the only doctor at that practice. With multiple doctors you want to do what Rawly suggested.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom