More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
So I am looking into this now guys but first checking here to see if this works for anyone and is worth it to answer prompts please?

Solution
Yes Yes and Yes like Colan said!

These are some of the best backlinks a website can get!

1. They usually come from very strong authoritative websites. Backlinks from higher authority websites are worth much more than your basic citation-type backlinks.
2. They are very hard to replicate by competitors. It's almost impossible.
3. They position you as a thought leader in your industry. You can add as mentioned or featured in tags to your website increasing your social proof as well.

They aren't the easiest to come by but I find if you are clear in your communication, offer informative insights (bonus if it's unique), and are one of the first to respond your chances of landing these types of backlinks are much higher.

I would always...

1. They usually come from very strong authoritative websites. Backlinks from higher authority websites are worth much more than your basic citation-type backlinks.
3. They position you as a thought leader in your industry. You can add as mentioned or featured in tags to your website increasing your social proof as well.

They aren't the easiest to come by but I find if you are clear in your communication, offer informative insights (bonus if it's unique), and are one of the first to respond your chances of landing these types of backlinks are much higher.

I would always recommend running this strategy (digital PR) if you're looking to improve your SEO.

Solution
Thank you Colan, I am tired of paying guys on Fiverr to do guest postings with it not doing anything at all for me. I had even paid $100 to get links from Microsoft and Sony and similar sites which did nothing for me in terms of traffic or rankings.

Since I have intentions of blogging, I figure this might be a great way for me to get started in any case. I am confused about how one gets the backlinks though. One source I had read from said not to "request" backlinks, so if that is accurate and I should respond to pitches, how does it actually work to get the backlinks please?

Thank you Colan, I am tired of paying guys on Fiverr to do guest postings with it not doing anything at all for me. I had even paid $100 to get links from Microsoft and Sony and similar sites which did nothing for me in terms of traffic or rankings.

Since I have intentions of blogging, I figure this might be a great way for me to get started in any case. I am confused about how one gets the backlinks though. One source I had read from said not to "request" backlinks, so if that is accurate and I should respond to pitches, how does it actually work to get the backlinks please?

Never buy links on fiverr, Google ignores those links.

I would always recommend running this strategy (digital PR) if you're looking to improve your SEO.

Thank you Celina, will adhere to your guidelines above when responding to pitches!

So I'm in the "worth doing if you have time" but "meh, on success rate depending on industry."

Of course, as SEOs and Web Designers we all want that great link, but they're really tough to come by. It seems that anyone can be a "reporter" and the websites we seem to end up on are fairly low level.

The roofing and concrete industry seems to do pretty well, but tech can be a tough industry to get a "great" HARO link on.

But, every link is a link ;)

Can anyone address this part for me please guys?
I am confused about how one gets the backlinks though. One source I had read from said not to "request" backlinks, so if that is accurate and I should respond to pitches, how does it actually work to get the backlinks?

You gain the backlink as the person will quote you in their article. Generally, they take a piece of the content you gave, then reference back to you and sometimes your company. Nearly all places ask for a link to your LinkedIn and Twitter profiles, and some will include a link to your company website. Depending on the request, they will state in their HARO request that they will not link to the website, only profiles.

Great, thanks for clarifying! I started getting the HARO emails this morning but will look into them tomorrow morning and report back but so far, yes I am seeing a few topics for which I can definitely give some helpful info.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom