More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
When you optimize for "near me" searches, does it typically result in more clicks from organic or from your GMB listing?

Solution
We tend to see the performance increases mostly on the organic side. I think this is because the local algo places more emphasis on proximity, so there is less impact from adding "near me" optimization on the website.

I'm currently working on a study that will dive deep into this very subject. Essentially, how does proximity impact the 3-pack vs localized organic at the keyword level.
We tend to see the performance increases mostly on the organic side. I think this is because the local algo places more emphasis on proximity, so there is less impact from adding "near me" optimization on the website.

I'm currently working on a study that will dive deep into this very subject. Essentially, how does proximity impact the 3-pack vs localized organic at the keyword level.

Solution

Yep agree with this as site is bigger rank factor on organic vs. local pack. Be interesting to see the findings when ready to share!

Agree with Colan on viewing this from an organic perspective, and would also add, if you do optimize for "near me" it's really important to do this deftly, otherwise the website copy ends up looking quite foolish to the human reader. "Are you looking for a car accident lawyer near me?" isn't going to cut it. ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom