More threads by Greg Sonny Ventresca

Reaction score
My question: Does anyone know where the thumbnail images used in the map originate?

As an agency leader, I've been keeping an eye on the meteoric growth of this search engine. The search ads and SERPS are from Bing, and the 3-pack style map results are from Apple. I've also ruled out Yelp and schema. Apple MapsConnect provides no way to upload images or logos.

Solution
it's in their website (Covid 19 notice)

1642499573736.jpg

How I discovered:

if you right-click on the image and open it in a new tab, you can see the source from where duck duck go is taking the image from.

1642499636383.png

Hope it helps
Colan,
Update: I have had correspondence with Apple Business Register (Maps). They confirmed that Apple doe not provide the ability to upload pic/logs and that Apple does not feed the DDG map with images/thumbnails (attached)

2.jpg

I can't find the source. I'm wondering if it was used on the website at one point or perhaps it was on the Yelp page at one time and it has been removed from Yelp and lingering in DDG.

1642499573736.jpg

How I discovered:

if you right-click on the image and open it in a new tab, you can see the source from where duck duck go is taking the image from.

1642499636383.png

Hope it helps

Solution

1642499573736.jpg

How I discovered:

1642499636383.png

Hope it helps

The results vary. Search "digital marketing columbus ohio" (not my agency). You will see a thumbnail for Blue Laser that is NOT on their site nor in their sitemap. CONCLUSION: LinkedIn

The results vary. Search "digital marketing columbus ohio" (not my agency). You will see a thumbnail for Blue Laser that is NOT on their site nor in their sitemap. CONCLUSION: LinkedIn

actually, it is on the site.

It's the favicon:
1642845465716.png

and for completeness:
1642845865594.png

1642845971290.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom