More threads by AspiringMapExpert

Reaction score
I do see a similar question asked last year but was hoping for some clarification.

Google said that "edit services" are not available for the category "water purification company" The other potential category options are water cooler supplier, water filter supplier, water testing service, drinking water fountain, water treatment supplier or water softening equipment supplier but Google support can't/won't tell me if changing the category will trigger edit services. I have to test it.

The services are not populating on mobile either.

Is anyone familiar with these categories and if one might work? If so would it be worth changing the primary category?

Last year there was this suggestion:

"If you have access to the API, if you submit services that way, it'll force the Edit Services option to show directly in GBP."

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank-you!!

The API would likely help as you can edit things in different ways.

Also, changing the primary category does influence the types of things you can edit. The problem with changing the primary category is you would lose the rank benefit. I would say testing it out would be a good idea.

The API would likely help as you can edit things in different ways.

Also, changing the primary category does influence the types of things you can edit. The problem with changing the primary category is you would lose the rank benefit. I would say testing it out would be a good idea.

I so appreciate getting answers to these challenging situations. Thanks Colan!

I checked all those categories using Jepto — Google Business Profile Category and Services Discovery, and it doesn't look like any of them have the services option.

Thanks for checking all of those categories, Joy! I didn't even think to use this tool that I heard about during your last webinar. This saves so much time vs experimenting. The water filtration company ranks best so I'm not sure changing the category to enable the services would have been of benefit.

I also wanted to know for my own learning purposes.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom