RobinOctane

Reaction score
We have a client that has done really well for their niche. Nice on page and has an office located in the city they rank well in for higher end construction projects.

We are now moving into a new territory (a suburb next door).

What is the best plan of action? Building new city pages? I hate to do it because their site flows well and looks nice. I think "Keyword-City Pages" will detract.

Perhaps I make them hidden from the menu, but still in the site map? Not sure if that is great either, they need to be internally linked from somewhere.

Thoughts as to expand?

I can already see the effects of adding new Geo within the pages they rank for, I had added anchor text and internal linking with that new area and can clearly see it splitting the link juice now (their rank went down for the area they were doing well in and the increased in the area they are coming up in).

Besides getting an office in that suburb curious as to other ideas?
Work on backlinks with anchor text, but to what page?

Thanks

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
PaulSteinbrueck Impact of expanding GMB service area Google My Business & Google Maps 7
David Wu Strategies to expand geographic coverage of my Google local search (3 pack) Local Search 29
Colan Nielsen New layouts expanding for mobile local finder? Local Search 2
djbaxter Yelp expands reviewers base Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Linda Buquet Google Local Service Ads Expanding + Great insights from @mblumenthal & @davidmih Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
James Watt Google Home Service Ads expands industries and comes to the East Coast Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
L Homepage ranking for one location - how to expand to another city? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones 10 Local SEO Steps To Take When Expanding Your Business Local Search 4
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
kevinjwiles How to Expand My Local Search Business Consultant's Corner 8
Linda Buquet Expanded Local Onsite SEO Video Training Course Local Search 0
Linda Buquet LocalBusiness Schema Greatly Expanded - See Full List Local Search 2
brettmandoes Licensees with (almost) Overlapping Territories (Service Area Business) Multi-Location Issues 5
Jeffrey Taylor Adding a new category to Google my Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobbertKleijwegt Q&A vanished after adding Products to business profile Google My Business & Google Maps 5
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
B Adding Accepted Health Insurances NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Enhanced Search added. Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
MatGee Adding Make Appointment Button to GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Google on Interstitial Ads: Do what we say, not what we do Organic SEO 0
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
S Added the Year and Month the Business Started - Listing was Immediately Suspended Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter Google services down Dec 14, 2020: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console, more Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
RobbertKleijwegt Confused after adding Product Posts to listing Google My Business & Google Maps 8
H Map Pack Ads for Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
djbaxter SVG added as accepted image format Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Adam C. Google Ads Phone Support Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
BenFisher Google My Business Adding Reinstatement Request Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
NexstarNickR Google Local Service Ads: Price Increases due to Bidding Rollout Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
N Cost of Local Service Ads (LSA) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 15
J Local Service Ads (LSA) impact on GMB calls? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Bryan Bloom Users added to a GMB but never get an invite.... 👿 Help & Support for Google Local 5
RobertCarnitas Google Merchant Center Product Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Scott ClientClicks Local service ads - change link? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2