Jason Rogers

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Google Business Websites? Is there any down side? We already have a website with individual webpages for each location. What do you suppose happens if we add a Google Website? Of course I don't want to monkey with what we have without some more info. Is it a citation? A (nofollow) backlink? Cannibalization problems? Dupe content?

Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks!

Reaction score
I haven't played with Google's Site tool much yet, but it's basically a solution for business owners who can't afford to get a proper website made for their business. They're simple, basic, limited in their customization, but will still be more than good enough for many business owner needs, especially in industries or regions of the world that still have a ton of businesses that still don't have a proper site.

Do not build one for 'backlinks' or 'a citation'. If you have a website already, you don't need a Google Site. If you're using your Facebook page in your Google My Business profile for lack of a better option, you should consider a Google Site if you can't afford the time or money to develop something better.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Any experiences with the Google Business View, the 360 degree photo tour of an smb Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
T How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 2
Michael S. Doran How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 0
Tim Colling How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Google My Business & Google Maps 58
Dan Foland Has anyone else experienced low quality user experiences in Google search results lately? Organic SEO 2
Dustybones How to completely remove a site from Google: Moz Experiment Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Travis Van Slooten My Observations & Experiences with Google+ Reviews Local Reviews 0
virens Other's experience signing up/starting LSAs from the UK and beyond (now that the UK is in the list) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
Ben Walsh Anyone have any experience with GMB briefcase? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
dave101 Looking for an SEO consultant with experience optimizing IT support companies Local SEO Job Board 1
dave101 Anyone have experience with optimizing IT Support companies? Service Area Businesses 0
kathleen.rhodes Does anyone have experience with eClincher for posting to GMB (and social sites)? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
H Any experience with "Goodzer"? Local Search 3
Brian Bender Any experience using BrightEdge for local SEO? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
R BBB Review Product - Any Experience with this? Local Reviews 5
rosie.brightlocal SMBs: We want to hear your marketing experiences! Local Search 0
Scott Rawlins eGumball Experience? Sorry Scott removed. See inside. Recycle Bin 3
AndiFox The new Abusive Experiences in GSC Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H anyone have experience with facebook multi-location business pages Local Search 2
F Experience with Synup Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Linda Buquet [MODS] Ignore Moderated Posts - Linda experimenting Mod Squad 0
pbarnhart AdWords Express - Need Your Experiences (good and bad) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
Linda Buquet 16 SEO Experiments with Surprising Results That Will Change How You Do SEO Organic SEO 2
Marie Haynes Have you experimented with plugins to improve page speed? Organic SEO 21
djbaxter Page Load Speed as a Ranking vs User Experience Factor Organic SEO 2
shondarogers REMOVED - Any experience with Local Splash? Recycle Bin 1
Tim Colling Loganix - any user experiences? Citations 15
Linda Buquet Mobile Local Search: Goldmine, Micro-Moments & Mobile User Experience - Via Rio SEO Mobile & Social 1
Ben Walsh Onsite process to maximize service visibility and improve user experience (mind map) Local Search 3
Dustybones Test your websites usability by having a random user record their experience. Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Dustybones Moz shares their experience when launching their new blog Marketing 0
KungFuBacklinks Your experience with Periods, Commas and special characters in the business name? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Linda Buquet 10 SEO experiments that will change the way you do SEO Organic SEO 2
RobinOctane Review Badges-Experience? Local Reviews 7
Travis Van Slooten Who Wants More Clients? PPC and Ongoing SEO Experience Required Consultant's Corner 6
Dustybones Semiologic: Anyone have an experience with this wordpress software Local SEO Tools & Software 2
Marie Ysais Any experience with Joomla Websites with Canonical Problems? Local Search 8
Mike Wilton Experience with Thumbtack Leads Local SEO Tools & Software 9
Lanerizz Google Analytics 4 Organic SEO 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 12
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 6
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10