More threads by Erika1986

Erika1986

Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder if anyone who is managing store/location pages for the business has ever faced an issue where Facebook disabled their account?

I am managing my client's account - their brand has over 400 locations and this morning when I logged in to the business manager I got this message:

1600350968239.png

Not sure why this happened? The only thing we tried to do recently is to update the opening hours as they have recently changed. This update was happening over several days as it is a lot of location groups to update.

Could this be a reason for this? I can't find anywhere the way to contact Facebook - the chat or email option is not visible to me, so I am stuck with this and not sure how to recover the account. I requested a review, but the final message at the end says that there is no guaratee that they will be abel to review this request.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello,

I wonder if anyone who is managing store/location pages for the business has ever faced an issue where Facebook disabled their account?

I am managing my client's account - their brand has over 400 locations and this morning when I logged in to the business manager I got this message:

1600350968239.png

Not sure why this happened? The only thing we tried to do recently is to update the opening hours as they have recently changed. This update was happening over several days as it is a lot of location groups to update.

Could this be a reason for this? I can't find anywhere the way to contact Facebook - the chat or email option is not visible to me, so I am stuck with this and not sure how to recover the account. I requested a review, but the final message at the end says that there is no guaratee that they will be abel to review this request.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Erika

It looks like something you may have posted or changed on the FB page was against Facebook's community standards.

Facebook states the following on their website..

"We disable Facebook accounts that don't follow the Facebook Terms. Some examples include:
  • Posting content that doesn't follow the Facebook Terms.
  • Using a fake name.
  • Impersonating someone.
  • Continuing behavior that's not allowed on Facebook by violating our Community Standards.
  • Contacting other people for the purpose of harassment, advertising, promoting, or other conduct that's not allowed."
Your best option to recover the account would be to fill out the form on this page.

Thanks for catching that. Page should look like this.

fb.PNG
Presumably there is a different link to get to the page you see in your screenshot? Or if this just Facebook messing up again, as they seem to do almost daily.

Presumably there is a different link to get to the page you see in your screenshot? Or if this just Facebook messing up again, as they seem to do almost daily.
That link takes me to that page so i am guessing it's Facebook messing up like usual. It's possible that if you log out you can see the page as i am not logged into any accounts.

Not new. This has been going on a lot over the past few months. Perfectly normal above board accounts and BMs are getting shutdown. Request for reviews are also getting denied.

There are tons of agencies and individuals who are suffering with these ad-hoc account suspensions seemingly triggered by trivial and non-policy invoking changes.

Fill out the forms and wait, you might get lucky and get it lifted. But you can bet this won't be the last time.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom