More threads by ashley.smith

ashley.smith

Reaction score
Our company works under an acquisition model. We are constantly acquiring smaller businesses that then need to migrate into the master brand. However, Facebook is now saying that after having done one merge, we cannot merge any other pages into the master brand page. Does anyone have a workaround?

Hey Ashley!
This process can be a bit cumbersome, especially with current delays on Facebook's side due to COVID. They should not limit how many times you can merge if both pages are in the same Business Manager and following is true:
  1. You’re an admin of both pages
  2. The pages have similar names and represent the same business
  3. The pages have matching physical locations (if they don't, the locations need to be removed from both pages for the merge to be approved)
They do have a limit to how many pages you can merge at a time, so I do recommend not trying to initiate multiple merges at the same time.

My anecdotal recommendations: The easiest way to get a merge accepted (though not foolproof) is to start by adding content to the page of the brand you've acquired mentioning the change that is coming (-this shows Facebook a background or history and they don't have to spend time trying to figure out if you've hijacked the page and are quickly trying to swallow it up.)

After you've put out that early content, you need to change the name, contact info, about, and location info of the new page to the same info as your existing brand page. Make sure *ALL information* and classifications are exactly the same. If one page is listed as a local company and another is listed as a consulting business, for example, even if they have the same name, the merge will not go through. You can't do the name change you've had full admin access on the page for a full week. You'll also want to download the content from the page being merged, because posts, images, and reviews will be lost when the old page is removed.

If both pages are part of business manager, you'll likely have more luck with this link vs the regular page merge link: https://business.facebook.com/pages/merge

I have seen some erroneous rejections -if this happens, try again. If you continue to have problems, I recommend contacting support, but be prepared for it to take a while. I've found this chat support link to be the most helpful.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom