More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a client who is saying they don't see a way to post a review (recommendation) on Facebook. I checked on my own account and I do see where to leave a review. Is it possible that he isn't seeing where to post a review because he has already posted a review and Facebook removes the option once someone has posted a review?

Thanks.
Kurt

@Kurt Steinbrueck, are you and he looking at the same specific FB page? I wonder if the client may be looking at any old page, one that happens not to be a "local business" page and that doesn't have the "Reviews" tab enabled. Also, he may just need sign in before seeing the option to write a review.

If you've checked those two boxes and the client still isn't seeing the option, then what you suspect must be what's going on.

@Kurt Steinbrueck, are you and he looking at the same specific FB page? I wonder if the client may be looking at any old page, one that happens not to be a "local business" page and that doesn't have the "Reviews" tab enabled. Also, he may just need sign in before seeing the option to write a review.

If you've checked those two boxes and the client still isn't seeing the option, then what you suspect must be what's going on.

Hi Phil,

I'll double check with him to make sure he's logged in. One of the ways he checked was on His phone, though, and I'm pretty sure you have to be logged in to use the FB app.

He is checking his own organization's FB page. I'm not sure if he's an admin on the page or not. He's a board member, not doing the day-to-day operations so I doubt he is. Also, I know the organization the reviews tab is enabled as I can see it, it's gotten some reviews recently, and he is seeing the organization's reviews. He just isn't seeing an option to post a review.

Kurt

Hi Everyone,

I had the client send a screenshot. He is definitely logged in and able to see the reviews. He just doesn't have the option to post a review (something he has already done a while back). He then checked his wife's phone. She hasn't posted a review previously and she does have the option to post a review.

So, it seems Facebook has a feature in their system that takes away the option to post a review on a FB Page after you've posted one, thus preventing people from posting multiple reviews on the same FB Page.

Mystery solved!

Kurt

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom