More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Any idea why Facebook review star icons show in SERPs for some businesses but not others? I have verified that the ones where I'm not seeing stars do have Facebook reviews enabled.

Rich
Can you share the examples of the queries where they do and do now show?

Usually it is one of several reasons:
They have reviews but not enough page strength
They have recommendations but no reviews

but it might be something else.

Anything after late last summer was a recommendation (yes/no) and doesn't show a star rating... Anything before that was a review and has a star rating associated with it. It would appear that Durham got their first recommendation about when Facebook was making the switch and got no reviews.

It says on the page whether any given feedback is a review or a recommendation. See screenshots below.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.47.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.46.01 PM.png

See article here about the switch over...https://gatherup.com/blog/a-big-change-to-facebook-reviews-5-stars-now-recommendations/

Thanks, Mike. It never ceases to amaze me how nuanced many aspects of local SEO are.

I knew about the change but apparently never realized it meant SERP stars would go away. I guess Facebook doesn't care about CTR!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom