More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
I am working with one of my member clients and their Facebook account is currently showing that they have -10 reviews (read: they have received negative 10 reviews), and thier review score is 0/5, even though they have reviews listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any idea on how to get this corrected, more than "reach out to Facebook support" which we are doing already?

Thanks!

I am working with one of my member clients and their Facebook account is currently showing that they have -10 reviews (read: they have received negative 10 reviews), and thier review score is 0/5, even though they have reviews listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any idea on how to get this corrected, more than "reach out to Facebook support" which we are doing already?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, this is a known issue that Facebook doesn't seem to want to prioritize a fix for. Facebook has always maintained that they do not have to always show all reviews or recommendations. They continue to make changes to the reviews/recommendations with little consistency. Have you or do you have someone that can check from another device? If you're willing to share your page here, I'm happy to take a look and send you what I see from my end. There has also been some inconsistency with what shows when and to which users.
Another thing to look at, is if your reviews all came in when they still had a star rating vs the current "recommendation" system they're using. Do you have new reviews that are contributing to this as well?
We've been hearing for quite a while now that they've got an unidentified bug that is causing this and they have not yet been able to figure out how or why it is happening, and I have yet to get a direct answer from anyone at Facebook as to if this is true and what, if anything, they're doing to resolve it.

I know this is not incredibly helpful, but you are definitely not alone.

Oops, just caught your link in the original post! I am seeing a zero-star rating, right alongside all of your positive reviews/recommendations.

For what it's worth, they're not saying you have a negative 10 rating, they're saying less than ten people have reviewed you, which is also obviously false, as you can see all of the reviews and recommendations right there on the page. Definitely not a zero rating and definitely more than ten people. I'm sorry I don't have any great info for you right now!

Hang in there, we will update if/when we hear anything!

This is what I'm seeing on my end.
1631183103455.png

We had a similar issue with one account last month, which fixed itself within 2 weeks.

Thank you @ErinJones and @Alex Avellaneda . Yeah, I totally get the "minus 10 people reviewed this", which obviously doesn't make sense. I was checking to make sure that I wasn't missing something on how to fix this, other than to wait for Google to figure out the error and fix it. And yeah, I am now seeing that they have 0 reviews and score a 0 out of 5 stars, which is also not true because there are a bunch of reviews right next to it.

I'll keep pushing them to report the errors to Facebook and see if they can push a fix for them somehow.

Thank you @ErinJones and @Alex Avellaneda . Yeah, I totally get the "minus 10 people reviewed this", which obviously doesn't make sense. I was checking to make sure that I wasn't missing something on how to fix this, other than to wait for Google to figure out the error and fix it. And yeah, I am now seeing that they have 0 reviews and score a 0 out of 5 stars, which is also not true because there are a bunch of reviews right next to it.

I'll keep pushing them to report the errors to Facebook and see if they can push a fix for them somehow.
Yeah, unfortunately, you are not missing anything. (Unless we all are missing it together.) Hopefully Facebook will remedy this soon. It's happening on nearly all of the brand pages I admin/manage.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom