More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi there,

we have a client that has previously shown in the 3 pack but is now not in the first 100 listings, however their Google Ad has appeared - could this be triggering their listing to be filtered out? Please see image attached.

Thanks!

DI screenshot.PNG

Solutions
Reaction score
@Jaimie S - Ad impressions and GMB rankings are supposed to be completely independent.

Perhaps a quick test would be to pause your Google Ads and see if that changes Maps rankings. I would be surprised if it did. I believe this is just a ranking issue.

If it helps, I'm involved with a listing that dropped off the map, then recovered and then dropped drastically again, all over the last ~72 hours. Maybe others can weigh in on whether or not they're seeing this kind of turbulence.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I agree that the Google Ads should have zero impact on organic.

I also think that would be a great test 😁

Jaimie S

Reaction score
@Jaimie S - Ad impressions and GMB rankings are supposed to be completely independent.

Perhaps a quick test would be to pause your Google Ads and see if that changes Maps rankings. I would be surprised if it did. I believe this is just a ranking issue.

If it helps, I'm involved with a listing that dropped off the map, then recovered and then dropped drastically again, all over the last ~72 hours. Maybe others can weigh in on whether or not they're seeing this kind of turbulence.
Yes I think we will do that - I was certainly always under the impression there was no impact. Thank you for your input!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom