More threads by SeoSaur

SeoSaur

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Got a quick question regarding two businesses in the same GBP category at the same location. We're running a GBP for a personal training firm and there's another trainer/studio in the same building (different unit address). Our client doesn't show on the map for any personal training keywords, while the other business next door does. Thoughts?

Another interesting note is this "filtering" only occurred since we started optimizing the profile in the last few days: So I was also wondering whether the IP address we're posting our content from has any impact? Could Google be filtering our content because we're posting to the profile from across the country?

Any insights provided would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
Basically if they are targeting the same keyword, they will filter each others and at best you can try to come out on top.

Aside from physically moving to a different address, the only two things I know that can be attempted are

a) mangling the way the address is formatted to where Google doesn't realize it's in the same building. I've never seen this work on purpose, but I do have clients whose original validated address would be filtered were it not for instances of this.

b) specifically try to target a different set of keywords, because filtering is done on a query-by-query basis, not at the vertical level.
Sounds like a filtering issue, for sure. Having a different suite # isn't enough to prevent the filter. Have you read our local filter blogs? They have some good tips to try and troubleshoot the filter.

Basically if they are targeting the same keyword, they will filter each others and at best you can try to come out on top.

Aside from physically moving to a different address, the only two things I know that can be attempted are

a) mangling the way the address is formatted to where Google doesn't realize it's in the same building. I've never seen this work on purpose, but I do have clients whose original validated address would be filtered were it not for instances of this.

b) specifically try to target a different set of keywords, because filtering is done on a query-by-query basis, not at the vertical level.

Solution
Sounds like a filtering issue, for sure. Having a different suite # isn't enough to prevent the filter. Have you read our local filter blogs? They have some good tips to try and troubleshoot the filter.

I'd like to read the blogs regarding "local filters"... can you drop a link? - Thanks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom