djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
By default, external links are nofollow for all regular forum members. However, for Administrators and Local Search Experts all links are dofollow.

But there are times when we want to force a link to be nofollow, e.g., to comply with Google guidelines for paid reviews.

To do that, I have created a custom NOFOLLOW BBCode. Note that this is not needed unless you are an admin or a Local Search Expert.

Instructions for NOFOLLOW BBCode:​

Click on nofollow icon to insert this into the text box:

nofollow-icon.png

This inserts the following into the text editor:

[NOFOLLOW=][/NOFOLLOW]

Now add the URL after the = sign and the anchor text after the first closing bracket:

[NOFOLLOW=https://psychlinks.ca]Psychlinks Web Services[/NOFOLLOW]

to get this

Psychlinks Web Services

If you check page source, you will see this:

<a href="https://psychlinks.ca/" rel="nofollow">Psychlinks Web Services</a>

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Custom BBCode to force nofollow links Local Search Experts Forum 0
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter WordPress: The NoneNone Brute Force Attacks: Currently Active Websites, Software, and Security 0
Annika Neudecker Microsoft forcing Office ProPlus users to Bing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
Diogo Ordacowski GMB Messages - Now Forcing Setup Through Google Play or App Store Install on mobile phone? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dan Foland Has anyone else been experiencing a rise in Brute Force attacks on WordPress recently? Websites, Software, and Security 4
djbaxter CEO sentenced to prison for attempt to force Google to remove defamatory reviews Local Reviews 4
djbaxter Marked jump in brute force attacks against WordPress sites Organic SEO 0
Lloyd Silver Messy Situation: NAP inconsistencies and a suboptimal forced official website Help & Support for Google Local 2
JoyHawkins How to Force Google to Change the Radius on the Map Google My Business & Google Maps 3
HurricaneK8 More Toronto condo spam! Help fight the forces of evil! Spam on Google 4
V Updated address, never showed, called to fix. forced to google+ Disapeared Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Brute Force Attacks Build WordPress Botnet Websites, Software, and Security 2
J Being forced to hide the address of a retail location Service Area Businesses 2
johncrenshaw Being forced to hide the address of a retail location Service Area Businesses 2
KungFuBacklinks Google Plus Business Page - Being FORCED to Verify?? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Now Forcing G+ Business Merges? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
S Demand Force and other similar companies Local Reviews 14
Travis Van Slooten Google Maps Cash System Forces Your Site Onto Google's First Page! Local Search 12
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
TriciaClements UTM for forwarding and affiliate links Local Search 2
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Gathering GMB Dashboard Links Multi-Location Issues 1
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Brian Barwig Unconventional Approaches to Local Link Building Local Search 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
J Tutorial Q&A Link Building for DA & Referral Traffic Organic SEO 2
Niki Wrong facebook link on Google business listing Help & Support for Google Local 2
hajnasiewicz Place an order link Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
A Reservations Preferred link Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Scott ClientClicks Local service ads - change link? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
K Broken Place_ID Review Link Local Reviews 11
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
djbaxter Google Treats Affiliate Links As Nofollow, rel=sponsored Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Upcoming API Change to break Facebook, Instagram oEmbed Links October 24 Mobile & Social 0
C Service Area Business Links Local Search 8
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jim Froling Great Link Building Lessons by Base Academy Recycle Bin 0
Kurt Kolander GMB and Google Earth Links Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Disavowing Press Release Links Organic SEO 5
Annika Neudecker Mass disappearance of website links Multi-Location Issues 4
coachmarino Links in Services NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
wesduplantier New Maps feature for businesses COVID Support links? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
B Link building anchor text for local rankings 2020 Organic SEO 1
Lachlan_Wells New 'Order Delivery' buttons can potentially link directly to your website Google My Business & Google Maps 10
K New Appointment Link Feature Google My Business & Google Maps 2