More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent problems using the full Knowledge Panel option when viewing a GBP the last few weeks?

I see this:

When I remove "&kponly" the URL shows the summarized KP:

I tried in FF, Edge, Chrome regular & incog options for each with the same result, it happens when I am both in the US & Canada.

What is the kponly option supposed to actually look like? Looks to me like Google just removed (or possibly renamed) that function

What is the kponly option supposed to actually look like? Looks to me like Google just removed (or possibly renamed) that function

@Brian - TGL it has been that way from a while, like years. For some entities it works for some doesn't. From what I remember there was a hack that you can show KG that is not related to the query and when they fixed it also changed the behavior of kponly

It shows just the GBP info for the business with no other content on the page, it was nice for showing a business owner the difference between the amount of real estate that a strong GBP takes up on the page:

@Brian - TGL it has been that way from a while, like years. For some entities it works for some doesn't. From what I remember there was a hack that you can show KG that is not related to the query and when they fixed it also changed the behavior of kponly

I have been using it this year pretty regularly and now it doesn't work with any of my customer GBPs.

I had a chat with William from GMB Everywhere extension & shared a couple of screencasts with him . . . the &kponly only parameter was used in a couple of places in the GBP Audit section, he removed it from both sections after he did some testing and found it is no longer working in any of the tests he completed.

@Brian - TGL Thank you for this topic.

Yes, previously &kponly was working mostly well for most people. The first time when @Brian - TGL contacted the @kponly was working for me from different system. After a couple of weeks is stopped working. At this time we also started getting complaints from other users too that &kponly is not working for them.

We have now updated the Basic Audit of GMB Everywhere to remove this parameter. It was only affecting a couple of field there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom