More threads by cmhadd_15

cmhadd_15

Reaction score
When I search my business the knowledge panel dose not show up on the right hand side. I've tried reaching out to Google but can't seem to actually get any help through them. I am unable to ask for reviews, see reviews, or general knowledge. Anyone have any idea how to correct this?

gmb-business profile.jpg

Solution
When I search my business the knowledge panel dose not show up on the right hand side. I've tried reaching out to Google but can't seem to actually get any help through them. I am unable to ask for reviews, see reviews, or general knowledge. Anyone have any idea how to correct this?
Welcome to the forum! Just to make sure we are on the same page, the KP (knowledge panel) and a GBP (Google Business Profile) look very similar but are two different things. The KP most often does pull a significant amount of the information from the GBP, but it also potentially collects information from many other sources. In your case the KP for Laurel Business Institute is not pulling much or any information from your GBP but from other sources...
Yes, that's the problem. We are not getting a true knowledge panel. When I search all of our other locations I get this result:

lti knowledge panel.jpg

This panel allows me to see our reviews, location, contact info and more. While the image I first shared doesn't include any of that.

Welcome to the forum! Just to make sure we are on the same page, the KP (knowledge panel) and a GBP (Google Business Profile) look very similar but are two different things. The KP most often does pull a significant amount of the information from the GBP, but it also potentially collects information from many other sources. In your case the KP for Laurel Business Institute is not pulling much or any information from your GBP but from other sources. However, if you instead go to Google Maps and search for your business name, you'll see information which comes directly from the GBP which includes reviews and other info and probably most of what you were expecting to see.

Have you claimed the GBP for your business and verified/updated all the information possible? I was able to check and see that your GBP has been claimed, hopefully by you or someone else at your business. If you don't have access to the credentials to access your GBP, you'll have to try and reclaim it by following these steps: Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Solution
Welcome to the forum! Just to make sure we are on the same page, the KP (knowledge panel) and a GBP (Google Business Profile) look very similar but are two different things. The KP most often does pull a significant amount of the information from the GBP, but it also potentially collects information from many other sources. In your case the KP for Laurel Business Institute is not pulling much or any information from your GBP but from other sources. However, if you instead go to Google Maps and search for your business name, you'll see information which comes directly from the GBP which includes reviews and other info and probably most of what you were expecting to see.

Have you claimed the GBP for your business and verified/updated all the information possible? I was able to check and see that your GBP has been claimed, hopefully by you or someone else at your business. If you don't have access to the credentials to access your GBP, you'll have to try and reclaim it by following these steps: Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Thank you! We do have the business claimed and it is listed under our Google My Business profile. I have access to make changes and updates but I don't understand why when someone googles our business you can't see our reviews or pertinent information without using maps.

Thank you! We do have the business claimed and it is listed under our Google My Business profile. I have access to make changes and updates but I don't understand why when someone googles our business you can't see our reviews or pertinent information without using maps.

The difference between the two screenshots, is that the Technical Institute is essentially showing your GBP while the Business Institute is showing a KP. When Google decides to show a KP instead of your GBP, it can be more difficult to influence, edit and update the info located there. Please check out these articles to get a little more familiarized with the differences if needed:

You can also click on any of the links in your KP that say "Feedback" and then choose "Other" and explain that it doesn't show any info from the GBP (like reviews and photos). I'd recommend being logged in with the same google account that you use to manage the GBP. You may also want to grab your GBP url and/or GBP Place ID to furnish in your feedback. You can use this free tool from BrightLocal to grab both: Local SEO Tools, Citation Building & Reputation Management - BrightLocal

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom