More threads by Tony Wang

Solutions
Reaction score
First-time member of the "suspended" club after many years of safe driving :-( Email says "flagged for suspicious activity", but on the Search profile, it says access suspended because profile doesn't follow guidelines.

Neither I nor the owner has made any changes in a long time (maybe updated hours 8 months ago?). I've gone over the profile and don't see any violations. We did have a couple secondary categories that weren't the most accurate, so I changed them to better ones, but the old categories were not egregious errors. That's the only thing I can see.

The business has two locations and the other location is fine.

Owner does have another business at the same address, completely different industry, and that business profile is fine. No other profiles on my own account are suspended.

Any suggestions on what could have caused this and what I should check for before applying for reinstatement?

There are a number of culprits that can trigger a suspension. Without seeing the business profile and knowing the full story it's really difficult to weigh.

The business name is J&S Party Rental in Allen, TX. It's a legit office which people can visit. Again, no changes were made recently, so the email that said "suspicious activity" is confusing.

I appreciate any suggestions.

The business name is J&S Party Rental in Allen, TX. It's a legit office which people can visit. Again, no changes were made recently, so the email that said "suspicious activity" is confusing.

I appreciate any suggestions.

It's a soft suspension so it's not all bad. I wonder if it was a sweep by Google or a competitor that triggered it.

Yes, it's not all bad, but the business does get some GBP quote requests, which is obviously disabled now.

Curious, how would a competitor trigger a suspension? All the info is still good, so they couldn't have suggested any edits, and it's a soft suspension, so it still appears high in search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom