More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So, over the past few weeks it seems one of my clients has been attacked on their GBP. There were several 1-star reviews with no comment posted by random people my client says aren't customers all within a few days. Then a few days later, the GBP's hours of operation were all changed to closed for every day. A few days later the business was marked as temporarily closed and yesterday it was marked as permanently closed.

The attack is annoying, but I know sometimes competitors or maybe disgruntled customers/employees do things like this. What's really disturbing to me, though, is that Google just accepted someone suggesting that the business was closed (temporarily and then permanently) without getting the client's approval on those changes. We fixed the issue with the hours and then the issue with temp closing and now the issue with the perm closing. So, it's not like the GBP is lying dormant. I'd think something as important as a business being marked closed should require confirmation before anything was done to the GBP.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Is there a way to prevent Google from just accepting some random person's report that the business is closed?

Thanks.
Kurt

There is no way to prevent edits to a business profile. Google welcomes and accepts edits from people. Hopefully, this person's account gets flagged and any businesses that they are connected to get suspended.

There is no way to prevent edits to a business profile. Google welcomes and accepts edits from people. Hopefully, this person's account gets flagged and any businesses that they are connected to get suspended.

That's what I was afraid of. I'll keep a close eye on GPB.

Is there a way to somehow report the person who marked the business as closed?

Thanks.
Kurt

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom