More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've seen a couple of posts regarding this but want to be sure I do this the right way. I made the choice to remove a location name from the GBP name of a SAB for a new client as I thought this was best to follow guidelines. It was showing as Company name - City, State.

We have seen drops in some of the "near me terms" that are a little further distance from the address used in citations. Should I try to add the term back in? Should I create a DBA? What should I do about citations?

And lastly, of course, there are others that are stuffing keywords into their GBP name and remain high. Should I use the redressal?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Solution
Hi All,

I've seen a couple of posts regarding this but want to be sure I do this the right way. I made the choice to remove a location name from the GBP name of a SAB for a new client as I thought this was best to follow guidelines. It was showing as Company name - City, State.

We have seen drops in some of the "near me terms" that are a little further distance from the address used in citations. Should I try to add the term back in? Should I create a DBA? What should I do about citations?

And lastly, of course, there are others that are stuffing keywords into their GBP name and remain high. Should I use the redressal?

Thanks,

I would set up a DBA so that you can add the city back in. I don’t think that you would need to...
Hi All,

Thanks,

I would set up a DBA so that you can add the city back in. I don’t think that you would need to add the state.

Solution
Thanks. What about citations? I'm planning to build additional ones. Do they need that city in the listing?

Thanks. What about citations? I'm planning to build additional ones. Do they need that city in the listing?

You don't have to add the city name to the other citations. You only need a small handful of citations. Google, Facebook, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, and Apple Maps.

You don't have to add the city name to the other citations. You only need a small handful of citations. Google, Facebook, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, and Apple Maps.

Thanks. Are you saying that the small handful of citations Google, Facebook, Yelp, Bing, etc...would need to have the city or are you saying those are the only citations I need altogether??

Also, would it be ok to have 2 neighboring cities in the DBA?

Thanks. Are you saying that the small handful of citations Google, Facebook, Yelp, Bing, etc...would need to have the city or are you saying those are the only citations I need altogether??

Also, would it be ok to have 2 neighboring cities in the DBA?

You don’t need to add your city in this citations, but if you do get a DBA, I would add them. You only need those citations as all of the others are overkill.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom