More threads by ForwardMotion

ForwardMotion

Reaction score
HELP! I manage a bunch of small businesses' GBP and I'm not able to upload photos. I have tried different ways that I have seen others mention, but none of them are working. Most of the businesses I manage are SAB. Not sure if this matters, but this is what I keep getting every time I click on Add Photos. I've tried clicking the different spots I can add photos and also on Google Maps and my iPhone. No luck. This is what I get every time:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is this happening to others or is this isolated to me for some reason?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

One other thing, sometimes it lets me get to where I can add a photo, but after it uploads it says Server Rejected. I have tried many different photos that I know don't violate Google's policies, so it is definitely more than that. Especially since it is happening across multiple clients GBP. Thank you!

One other thing, sometimes it lets me get to where I can add a photo, but after it uploads it says Server Rejected. I have tried many different photos that I know don't violate Google's policies, so it is definitely more than that. Especially since it is happening across multiple clients GBP. Thank you!

Something similar happened to me when I was using the Chrome browser. It worked when I tried again with Firefox.

You may want to look at this similar thread where a potential workaround was given by @dnp, which goes back to a solution provided by another forum member @Professor M.
Basically you use the Google Maps app to edit your GBP. I wasn't aware that you could do this :) and it worked for me. Here is a separate link that explains the steps: How to Optimise your GBP on Google Maps | DigitalMaas

Google Maps essentially uses the the similar NMX navigation style to access your GBP, but must be using a slightly different method of editing your GBP and uploading photos. If you give it a try, please share your results.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom