More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
What is the recommended number of service areas to add to the GBP and what is the optimal distance the service area locations should be from the GBP. Is it better to have fewer locations to focus on? @Colan Nielsen

They don't impact ranking so I don't think there is a target number. Just add whatever is accurate.

Thanks, the Google GBP specialized support team said a listing can have upto 20 service locations within a 2 hour drive time of a company GBP listing. I would be interested as to how they calculate the estimated 2 drive time from the GBP listing.

Thanks, the Google GBP specialized support team said a listing can have upto 20 service locations within a 2 hour drive time of a company GBP listing. I would be interested as to how they calculate the estimated 2 drive time from the GBP listing.

It doesn't mean anything for ranking or even for google's rules (or at least it's exceedingly rare that someone gets told their service area is a problem by support). You'll know if you exceed it because then Google stops tracing the limits entirely and dumps a pin at the centroid instead 🤣

It doesn't mean anything for ranking or even for google's rules (or at least it's exceedingly rare that someone gets told their service area is a problem by support). You'll know if you exceed it because then Google stops tracing the limits entirely and dumps a pin at the centroid instead 🤣

Thanks, interesting google support stopped my listing from being verified as I added the country name instead of a narrowed down geolocation

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom