More threads by oprice

oprice

Reaction score
We just opened a new office in a new location. I was able to verify the listing through email. We received a message that the verification is processing and it will take five days. It's been three weeks. I've tried reaching out to Google about the status of the verification but haven't had any luck. I'm fine with doing a video verification if that's necessary but it's not giving me the option. Is there anything that can be done to speed up the pending verification process?

Hi @oprice - I don't think the verification is pending; I think it's broken. When you look at the profile directly in Google Search (i.e. the NMX) is that where you see the pending message?

Check the verification status in the verification tool: https://support.google.com/business/workflow/12825603

Does it tell you that the profile is verified? If so, those conflicting messages are a good indication that something is broken. (Take a screenshot of each. Those images might come in handy.)

Next, the verification tool is no longer just a place to check your verification status. It's now the best way to reach the support team that helps with verifications. You should see a "contact us" link, probably in the lower right.

Click that to reach out to the support team. If you have an opportunity to upload a file, put your screenshots into a single ZIP file and attach it.

The support team should be able to help. My guess is that they'll give you the option for LIVE video verification. (Assuming you don't hit a dead end or end up in a loop. I've reports of both.)

Thank you! Yes, I see the pending message on Google, and it says the listing is not visible to the public. Using the verification tool, it does say the business is verified. I've tried reaching out to the support team but all I receive back is a templated email saying they're not sure of my exact issue or the attached screen.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 8.34.04 AM.jpg

@oprice - As mentioned above, the verification tool is no longer just a place to check your verification status. It's now the best way to reach the team that helps with verification issues.

However, it's new and, by many reports, far from perfect. If you used the verification tool to contact support and then got a templated email from a noreply address, create a thread in the community forum and describe the issue. You should be able to convince a Product Expert to escalate the issue.

I did just that, and I was told on the community forum that I just have to wait. Which is when I posted something here because that didn't seem like a good answer to me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom