iFuse

Reaction score
Am I wasting my time by geo-tagging photos with location and NAP info for the GMB profile? Seems like it strips the EXIF data out when I do it anyway? Thanks!

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
This is the latest info I could find:

1548854042234.png

Even without that, I would doubt it. Google already knows the location of the business from the address so why would it need info from an uploaded image to 'locate' the image.

Martin Briggs

Reaction score
I guess the counterargument is that it could provide an additional layer of certainty about the address? Then there are SABs - having photos geo-tagged at various spots around a city could help reinforce their service area. But yeah, I wouldn't think there can be much benefit.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
That would make sense if geo tagging was a solid way to mark the images, but exif data can be added/changed with a simple program so I can't see Google using that as a factor.

iFuse

Reaction score
Ok, so what if you geo tagged the images with NAP and then pushed them out to Web 2.0's. etc. Would this in a sense help with building citations?

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Here's the video that the tweet was referring to. Make of it what you will.

Ok, so what if you geo tagged the images with NAP and then pushed them out to Web 2.0's. etc. Would this in a sense help with building citations?

So potentially it can help ... lol

I think if you add images to the citations and Web 2.0s then you are already helping the pages to stay indexed which will help ranking in of itself.

Would the exif data stay intact after those uploads though? Depends on the site.

Don't think there is a way to test this conclusively. Ranking boost would be very small if it is there and would get lost in the noise I think.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WineCountryCarpetCleaning Geo tagged photos on website Local Search 1
S Image Sites That Accept GEO Tagging Local Search 0
J Geo Target GMB For Realtor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Gsmithmike The most accurate Tool to show Local Search Result for Geo Targeting keywords? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
H Keyword vs. Keywords plus GEO Local Search 1
IMP GEO Site Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 1
nathangdavidson SERP checker using geo-cordinates Local Search 5
M Does the geo-location of the review help with a GMB listing to rank better in that area? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
WAHamilton What's the best way to escalate issues with geo keywords in business names? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Tim Colling Townsquare "geo-fencing" - legitimate value? Local Search 0
heckler Brand + Geo-term in URL not allowed? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
A GEO DOMAINS QUESTION: Trade + City Domain SERP Result Case Studies ??? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet 6 GEO Specific Social Media Monitoring Tools - Social Media Examiner Mobile & Social 0
Linda Buquet GEO SERP Screenshot Tracking Tool - ADVANCED Google Local Ranking Troubleshooting Local SEO Tools & Software 16
Linda Buquet ▶ GEO Citations: Map Listings with Full Citations - Some With Do Follow Links Citations 12
L Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages that Rank & Convert - Moz Local Content 0
Linda Buquet Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages that Rank & Convert - Moz Local Content 0
360 Spin Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages That Really Rank and Convert Local Search 0
seoWest Geo in Page Title? Local Search 0
G Analyzing a generic keyword with no geo modifier for multiple locations Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Google Places Guideline Change - Stop GEO Stuffing Titles! Google My Business & Google Maps 14
nfooter How Important Are Geo-Modifiers When Doing Keyword Reach/On-Page Updates Local Search 0
A Geo-modifiers in DBA Names for Local Franchise Owners Local Search 3
Nick.SEOSpark Geo Sitemap not supported on Webmaster Tools Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 8 Maps Plugins for WordPress - Geo your Posts Local Search 1
JacekWieczorek GEO sitemap Local Search 4
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Cordell Crowley Mobile Laser Tag: Suggestions for Primary Category? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A How to add Alternative Tags to Icons Organic SEO 1
Ted J. H1 Tag in Shopify Local Search 2
D Title Tags for local SEO Local Search 3
Ellen Search Console - Mobile Avg. Position Change for GMB tagged URL - June 1 Local Search 7
M Length of title tag shown in SERPS is NOT 600px Organic SEO 2
H GMB Photo Tags Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Similar h1 tags but different towns ? Local Search 3
L Location in title tags Organic SEO 2
J Google Tag Manager & Google Ads Tracking on Other Sites? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
MarianoF A brand name too long for a Title Tag. Should I include it there anyway? Local Search 11
S Yext and the $400 price tag to edit NAP Local Search 6
S Can we talk about Meta Tags? Organic SEO 7
djbaxter Testing new feature: User Tagging Forum Tech Support 11
H In the history of time, has anyone ever been complimented for a good Description tag? Consultant's Corner 1
Chris_Gregory Anyone know of a Pinging service for URL's and Title Tags? Local Search 5
L How are these 2 sites with low stats and unoptimised title tags ranking so well ? Organic SEO 1
P Canonical Tag Question Organic SEO 11
S Zip Code Meta Tags - Still relevant? Local Search 7
L Tracking click throughs from Google local SERP listing by adding UTM tag in site URL Local Search 7
H Title tags - law firm with 2 locations + 2 practice areas Local Search 3
J New Free Google Title Tag Tool for May 2016 SERP Update Local SEO Tools & Software 7
JoyHawkins Brian Dean Releases New Title Tag Tool Local SEO Tools & Software 18