More threads by iFuse

iFuse

Reaction score
Am I wasting my time by geo-tagging photos with location and NAP info for the GMB profile? Seems like it strips the EXIF data out when I do it anyway? Thanks!

This is the latest info I could find:

1548854042234.png

Even without that, I would doubt it. Google already knows the location of the business from the address so why would it need info from an uploaded image to 'locate' the image.

I guess the counterargument is that it could provide an additional layer of certainty about the address? Then there are SABs - having photos geo-tagged at various spots around a city could help reinforce their service area. But yeah, I wouldn't think there can be much benefit.

That would make sense if geo tagging was a solid way to mark the images, but exif data can be added/changed with a simple program so I can't see Google using that as a factor.

Ok, so what if you geo tagged the images with NAP and then pushed them out to Web 2.0's. etc. Would this in a sense help with building citations?

Here's the video that the tweet was referring to. Make of it what you will.

Ok, so what if you geo tagged the images with NAP and then pushed them out to Web 2.0's. etc. Would this in a sense help with building citations?

So potentially it can help ... lol

I think if you add images to the citations and Web 2.0s then you are already helping the pages to stay indexed which will help ranking in of itself.

Would the exif data stay intact after those uploads though? Depends on the site.

Don't think there is a way to test this conclusively. Ranking boost would be very small if it is there and would get lost in the noise I think.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom