More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
After reading this MarTech article on Location-based marketing, I wanted to get opinions on good ways to execute on Geotargeting and Geofencing. Other threads about this have said that this is not viable, but it keeps coming up so I want to ask about it once more.

I understand the concept of the targeting, the difference between the two types, and what benefits it seems to have for the industry I work with (home services businesses in the trades). What I am having toruble with is finding a company that my members can utilize to hep them execute.

Many of these articles seem to be written for companies that might be able to produce their own apps, or have foot traffic coming into a store. My industry is wanting to cover things like "if I did work in a neighborhood, I want to retarget people in that neighborhood", or "I want to send ads to people who have been to specific supply houses".

What I am currently recommending to those members is that they should use Meta Ads and Google Ads as the execution platform. Does anyone else have execution partners/platforms that they would recommend? What viable campaigns have you all been able to execute on?

Solution
Hi Nick, I don't feel we've ever had a client that could really benefit from true geo-targeting. Also, I've not personally experienced a well implemented geo-targeted campaign. With that said, I could see where some industries like tourism, lodging or dining could benefit from targeted ads if someone were, for example, at a nearby event/venue. We've had some clients in the past that were approached by national agencies that specialized in such services, decided they wanted to throw some money at it and test the waters, but the engagement rates were abysmal.

However, very recently one of our largest clients that is very savvy, recently was won over by this company that specializes in media buying, OTT, CTV, and general/specific...
Hi Nick, I don't feel we've ever had a client that could really benefit from true geo-targeting. Also, I've not personally experienced a well implemented geo-targeted campaign. With that said, I could see where some industries like tourism, lodging or dining could benefit from targeted ads if someone were, for example, at a nearby event/venue. We've had some clients in the past that were approached by national agencies that specialized in such services, decided they wanted to throw some money at it and test the waters, but the engagement rates were abysmal.

However, very recently one of our largest clients that is very savvy, recently was won over by this company that specializes in media buying, OTT, CTV, and general/specific geo fencing/targeted advertising. Because of our relationship with the client, we did work closely with the new vendor to setup some very specific tag management and conversion pixels and triggers on the client's websites. It has now been a couple of months and I spoke with our client this morning to see how happy they've been with their services. They are extremely happy with the results and super pleased with their back-end dashboard and analytics. Here is a link to their recorded webinar regarding their geo-fencing and addressable audience creation tool.

I'll be contacting them soon to discuss using their services for some other selected clients. The client above mentioned that they do require monthly minimums but they have two-tiers of service, essentially a self-serve option and a concierge service. At this time as I haven't spoke numbers with them, so I have no idea what their minimums are. Hope this is helpful!

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom