LocalSEOHub

Reaction score
I have kind of run into the problem of not feeling very proactive when it comes to finding more clients right now. I used to send out letters, but the conversion rate on that for me at least is very bad.

I am just wondering, other than referrals, what other types of things can I do on a daily basis even, to try and get more clients?

Thanks.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Adam,

Merry Christmas!

I moved this from help and support to Consultant's Corner which is where we discuss business building type issues.

You posted at midnight Christmas eve and today most are off celebrating, so hopefully some folks who aren't away for the Holidays will be around tomorrow to give you some ideas.

In the meantime, this post explains how I used to get new clients back when I was still doing client-side work.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/consultants-corner/1213-jumpstart-your-local-search-consulting-business-list-leading-smb-forums.html">Jumpstart Your Local Search Consulting Business</a>

The list of forums is pretty outdated. Don't know if any are still around. Sharing with you more for the strategy I used to build my business back then.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
We use a mix of marketing types to draw leads in. Google Adwords is a pretty good source of leads (if you can afford the budget). Our clients seem to get a lot of leads from referrals, organic search, PPC, and making proposals for drop ins/cold calls. Prepping the research and doing the proposal to present prior to the call is key. Not sure if that's helpful, but if you can identify the problem and explain it to the potential client then your conversion rates may increase.

Digitaldar

Reaction score
Great question - hopefully you get a few answers as people come back from vacation! I know one thing... being an expert in the field is not enough if people don't know you are an expert LOL

I was giving some thought to advertising for particular verticals - for example in a newsletter for dentists, etc. It would not be an ad per se but an informative article about why dentists should be careful when buying a website "for dentists" and things that might get them in trouble with The Royal College of Physicians and how they can still be visible locally even without violating regulations.

Not sure how I would target plumbers...

I thought about getting in with a homebuilder association of sorts and doing some presentations at their meetings...

Cold calling (even if you point out low hanging fruit or offer a freebie of sorts) does not seem to work well in my area!

DigitalDar

LocalSEOHub

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies guys. I have learned a good bit and now I'm going to try and implement that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Garrett Sussman Get More Reviews: How to Craft a Review Management Strategy for Your Clients Local Reviews 2
L Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
JoyHawkins Google Adds "Get More Reviews" Button in Knowledge Panel Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
S Does Google penalize you for using the Event post hack to get your post to last more than 7 days? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Jeffrey How to get more engagement Google My Business & Google Maps 16
L Is it possible to get more that a 3 months worth of data from google my business ? Local Search 3
C Getting Local Search Ads to Display More Often? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 10
J Infographics: Doesn't Get More White Hat Than This Local Content 3
JustinB Infographics: Doesn't Get More White Hat Than This Local Content 3
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants: Stop Spinning Your Wheels & Get More Customers by Phil Consultant's Corner 7
Amber Robinson Google's Insights getting more insightful Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M What gets more clicks? Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Local SEO Consultants - TIME to get More Productive Consultant's Corner 2
C How to get your company to do SEO... Organic SEO 1
E How to even get 1 call on LSAs Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
T GMB Getting suspended after verification. Help & Support for Google Local 6
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
R What steps should I take to get my suspended and denied Google My business approved? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Tim Kahlert How to get the insights report's csv file into a good format? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
R Map pin and get directions discrepancy Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
K Getting slammed on Q&A Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Scott ClientClicks How to get GMB to show social media icons in knowledge panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Google COVID 19 posts getting suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
AndiFox Suspension. How to get reinstatement? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
valentinb13 No support follow up on getting access to/ownership of existing listings Help & Support for Google Local 2
Professor M Google My Business Messaging and Metrics are getting a boost Google My Business & Google Maps 13
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
Bryan Bloom Users added to a GMB but never get an invite.... 👿 Help & Support for Google Local 5
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
NickB-Tampa Listings at single location getting suspended immediately after entering verification codes Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Facebook Business limiting me to 50 stores under one page - can't get any help Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Hammer No longer getting any verification options but postcard since covid All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
lincolnchan Branded KW Getting Outranked By Competitor... but neither should have GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
J Facebook Business limiting me to 50 stores under one page - can't get any help Local Search 1
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Rasmus Himmelstrup UTM parameters on the GMB website button keeps getting removed Multi-Location Issues 2
S Is there a way to get an RSS feed of GMB posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 2