More threads by Tim Colling

We're seeing it for our self storage facilities as well - 33/47 of them.

Has anyone removed it and seen any ill effects?

I removed it from a chiropractor (note: medical) yesterday and his maps ranking took a big hit today. Could be completely unrelated as I made a lot of changes to his website yesterday (website did not drop) but thought it was interesting enough to ask about.

All of the listings in our dashboard have had "POI Establishment" replaced with "Point of Interest". I'm guessing this is part of the fix that was rolled out? It is definitely more straightforward and makes more sense than "POI Establishment" but it's still iffy.

Last edited:
No, that still seems wrong. I'll send this back to Google.

I'm no longer seeing POI Establishment nor Point of Interest on any of the listings I've checked, all of which are self storage facilities.

They renamed POI Establishment to Point of interest the GCID is still the same : gcid:establishment_poi

Now, POI category has disappeared in our GMB for three locations. But still showing an update notification (screenshot below).

For us they removed the POI category update from the "info" section but the problem is the "Update" is still showing on the main GMB dashboard. So we go in, it says we have 40 updates, go into the location and there is nothing there to update.

Just wanted to update. I think the drop I mentioned earlier in the thread is unrelated to this issue.

Now, POI category has disappeared in our GMB for three locations. But still showing an update notification (screenshot below).

Same for me. I lost a few minutes looking for the "published update" :/

Also saw a significant drop in traffic but I am pretty sure it is because of the holidays (4 days Easter)

The problem the updates have not been cleared out from main dashboard. They still show up as updates but when you go into the listing there is no update. Very frustrating from an agency side because we have all of the updates and most of them are not legit.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom