More threads by paticakes

paticakes

Reaction score
Hi.....I am a real estate agent with Keller Williams....My GMB page is up and running but I have a few questions.
  1. I work for a large national broker, Keller Williams. Is it better to use their website with my page or use my website that does not rank as high on GMB?
  2. Do I list as Pat Kay - Stockton Real Estate Agent or just Pat Kay? Have researched and see both.
  3. Some agents have their social sites ie Facebook...Zillow...Youtube...LinkedIn........icons at the bottom of their profile. Only youtube shows up on mine. Any idea why? I have over 150 zillow reviews. No icon and link. Does using a different email address for the social accounts make a difference? Name is the sale.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi.....I am a real estate agent with Keller Williams....My GMB page is up and running but I have a few questions.
  1. I work for a large national broker, Keller Williams. Is it better to use their website with my page or use my website that does not rank as high on GMB?
  2. Do I list as Pat Kay - Stockton Real Estate Agent or just Pat Kay? Have researched and see both.
  3. Some agents have their social sites ie Facebook...Zillow...Youtube...LinkedIn........icons at the bottom of their profile. Only youtube shows up on mine. Any idea why? I have over 150 zillow reviews. No icon and link. Does using a different email address for the social accounts make a difference? Name is the sale.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi @paticakes Here are some thoughts on your questions.

1. It depends and I would test each one out. My guess is you would rank better using the KW website since it likely has a ton more authority.
2. Just list Pat Kay. Adding "Stockton Real Estate Agent" will likely help you rank better but is against GMB guidelines so you will need to asses your level of adventurousness.
3. Google says about this "Social profile markup for Google knowledge panels is deprecated. We now automatically discover social profiles to include in Google knowledge panels. If you’re verified as an official representative, you can suggest a change directly"

Google is also more likely to show social profiles if the names/titles/handles across all channels exactly match your Google My Business profile.
Per Google: "Consistency. Use the same name to represent your business in both your listing and your social profiles."

This is not always possible and it can be difficult to achieve if this is not the case. I do not believe I have ever seen Zillow show in GMB as a social profile, but I am 100% that it can't.

Also, for your name, Google guidelines are as follows. This is specifically listed after a reference to Real Estate Agents:
Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Google also says that individual practitioners can add a title to the end of their name. "Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA)."

So I think it would be fine by Google's guidelines on a practitioner listing for a real estate agent who is a realtor to add their name, realtor, since realtor is an earned title. Agreed?

I've asked Google about this before and technically it should just be the realtor's name. I've seen Google remove the word "Realtor" from several GMB's in the past.

"Realtor" is not the name of a recognized degree like your other examples.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom