More threads by chrissymducote

Reaction score
Hi! One of our clients' restaurant listing was recently hijacked by an unauthorized user. This user is listed as "Get Found Business Accounts" in the dashboard. They changed the client from the primary owner and made themselves the primary owner. Can someone help guide me to how I can take back the listing? Thanks in advance.

Hi! One of our clients' restaurant listing was recently hijacked by an unauthorized user. This user is listed as "Get Found Business Accounts" in the dashboard. They changed the client from the primary owner and made themselves the primary owner. Can someone help guide me to how I can take back the listing? Thanks in advance.
Are you able to hover over the user name in the Users menu and see the email tied to the Google Account? If you can send them an email or do some digging and see if you can figure out the business. If (crossing my fingers) you are able to get a contact detail you can reach out to them and tell them to transfer the listing management back.

Another tip, check the Gmail/email of the account that manages the listing. There was probably a request that came through that wasn't rejected in time. This may also help you find the contact.

Otherwise, try Google my Business Support, just get ready to play the waiting game...

Are you able to hover over the user name in the Users menu and see the email tied to the Google Account? If you can send them an email or do some digging and see if you can figure out the business. If (crossing my fingers) you are able to get a contact detail you can reach out to them and tell them to transfer the listing management back.

Another tip, check the Gmail/email of the account that manages the listing. There was probably a request that came through that wasn't rejected in time. This may also help you find the contact.

Otherwise, try Google my Business Support, just get ready to play the waiting game...
Thank you. I asked the client about checking to see if she received an email and she said she didn't get one. I have reached out to GMB support.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom