More threads by brandmastert

brandmastert

Reaction score
3 of my SAB GMB locations (same company, different offices serving different counties) are missing from Search, GMB dashboard and Google Search Console. I can't tell if the accounts has been suspended since they are no longer in the dashboard.

I mention GSC because I'm curious if there is a correlation here.

I sent in a support email but not a reinstatement request due to not knowing if it is indeed suspended. Where else can I look to see if it is suspended or should I just go ahead and put in a reinstatement request, just in case its something glitchy going on.

@brandmastert, GSC doesn't really factor into whether or why your GMB pages may have gone poof, though I'd definitely check out the "Performance" area in GSC to see if you're still getting impressions in search (and if so, for what terms).

Even if the website got penalized into the Stone Age, your GMB pages would still be accessible in Maps, and most likely visible for some terms (even if only brand-name terms). So even a website catastrophe wouldn't bring down the whole house.

Definitely search for your various pages from various ZIPs through Anonymous Ad Preview Tool

Beyond that, or if you can't find your GMB pages no matter how you look, my main concern would be a GMB hijack attempt that's successful. Shady characters' requesting access to GMB pages - seemingly at random - has been more common recently.

Do your pages have any other managers/admins, and did anyone get an email to the effect of "So-and-so requests access to manage this Google My Business page"?

@Phil Rozek I cant remember if there were others attached to the account. It was a new one I took over.

I'll keep digging to see if I find any of my original GMBs. I did find one that I had never seen before and it was not optimized at all so there may indeed be a vigilante out there. Ugghhh!

In the event that I never find any of the GMB panels, would you suggest I start a new one? I tried to submit a reinstatement to Google but the form is not available anymore (keeps leading to contact us page). All other support options are taking a while to get back. Any other solutions to try?

@brandmastert, the next steps depend on what you find after having done the steps I mentioned. Especially determining whether other people had access to those GMB pages.

Of course, you'll also want look around in Maps by looking for old versions of the business's name. It's possible some duplicate-removal could have carted off the pages you want.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom