More threads by AndySimpson

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Light reading btw:
4 Things to know about Google posts in the 3-pack and local finder

I understand the concept of posting as an event so that the post lasts longer BUT have two questions about this.
1. Is an event post more successful than a regular post, if it's not an event i.e. you're posting a topic/blog for a client and decided to post as an event instead of a "regular" post.
Yes it's out for longer so would get more exposure BUT we know an event post appears differently than a regular post.
2. Event posts also appear elsewhere in the Google ecosystem like Google Maps under "Explore" & "For You", I'm sure users don't want to know about a car accident lawyer's latest blog on 5 things to do after a car accident 😏
- I haven't replicated this or even seen it "in the wild" but it must look a bit annoying to the user when they do appear.

What do we think? Thanks

Last edited:
Test test test! Try both techniques several times. Make sure you have everything tagged up with UTM tags including the campaign content field. Use GA and consider which type drove the most conversions. BOOM! 😆💥 I understand the argument of using event posts for non events as they remain visible longer in the business profile - but think that it likely looks weird for the consumer. I've used a special offer with a loooooong validity period and that has helped me keep a permanent post in the business profile. It all depends on the individual business I guess, and how rich their content pool is. Personally I post with regularity, using post types as I guess Google intended!

Last edited:
Test test test! Try both techniques several times. Make sure you have everything tagged up with UTM tags including the campaign content field. Use GA and consider which type drove the most conversions. BOOM! 😆💥

Thanks Claire, totally agree with your feedback on posts and post type use. cheers

Last edited:
I agree, use posts for the type of post it is not the length it will stay alive. Google looooves unique and frequent content.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom