More threads by ash-grin

ash-grin

Reaction score
I am trying to find information on when/if GMB changed the character limit for the description of services. Currently it shows a limit of 300 characters, but I am seeing other businesses with much longer descriptions. I even see screenshots of this section showing a limit of 1,000 from 2018 and 2019.

Did GMB used to allow 1,000 characters and they changed it to 300? Does anyone have an article to share about this? Would it be right to assume that those who are able to use the 1,000 are just grandfathered in and if they were to edit this description today they would have to use 300 or less?

Yes, it used to be longer. Those ones are grandfathered in but if they try to change it, they will be met with the newer lower character count.

Thanks Yan. Happen to have any idea what date they changed it? Any announcements about it? I couldn't find anything on the update.

Actually from a ranking point of view i am wondering how important services are ....I notice that they are not in the "under review" category ...wondering if that means are only a very weak ranking factor. Bit of a stretch I know

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom