More threads by Adam C.

Adam C.

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hello - Just looking to verify that Google Ads is not offering ANY phone support for other agencies as well? I was told due to Covid-19 they are only offering live chat and email for "several weeks". Now I can understand not offering phone support for free products or low budget accounts but for businesses spending thousands of dollars a month with a company the size of Google and they have no phone support? Is this Exhibit A on why monopolies are bad?

Google still seems to offer some phone support, but not on a "we're here if you need us" basis. I don't see it as an option when I need to contact Ads support; chat and email are the only options.

But for certain accounts Google spontaneously assigns a stiff an account rep, who invariably offers super-helpful forehead-slapper recommendations like that we triple our daily spend. Those people do offer to get on the phone with you, almost to the point of badgering you to do it.

So in theory if you happened to have an Ads issue (like disapproved ads) right at the time they smell a budget increase and offer their assistance, then maybe during your call you could get some helpful answers. Lots of "ifs," though. It sure would be nice if they offered as-needed phone support as an option, at least for certain categories of problems.

Google still seems to offer some phone support, but not on a "we're here if you need us" basis. I don't see it as an option when I need to contact Ads support; chat and email are the only options.

But for certain accounts Google spontaneously assigns a stiff an account rep, who invariably offers super-helpful forehead-slapper recommendations like that we triple our daily spend. Those people do offer to get on the phone with you, almost to the point of badgering you to do it.

So in theory if you happened to have an Ads issue (like disapproved ads) right at the time they smell a budget increase and offer their assistance, then maybe during your call you could get some helpful answers. Lots of "ifs," though. It sure would be nice if they offered as-needed phone support as an option, at least for certain categories of problems.
Thanks for confirming Phil. I even tried to schedule a phone call for next week over live chat but they said "to protect the health of their employees" they are not even doing that. Apparently they don't care about the health of their cold callers who badger businesses to triple their spend though. Gotta love the big middle finger Google is giving to small businesses with this move. Sad state of affairs.

Yeah, I hear you, Adam. At least Google's greed is pretty easy to see through.

I have found the support reps in India to be pretty consistently helpful, though. Often takes a good amount of back-and-forth to get issues worked out, but if your initial help request is clear and concise, it's doable.

I do see a call us option in my Google Ads MCC account. I'm guessing that whether or not that option appears depends upon your client's ad spend. I've used support for low spending accounts too. Just give them your MCC account number when calling.

@Scott ClientClicks, spend may be a factor, but maybe not the only one. I've got some big-spending clients (in addition to more-austere ones), and I haven't seen "call us" option in those accounts.

I haven't needed to reach out to support in a while, but I just checked in our MCC, and I do have the option to call. Have to go through a bunch of steps before getting that though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom