Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Google has been working on a complete overhaul of all their support forums.

We've had access to the Beta of this new version dubbed "Hatfield" for awhile now, and it just publicly launched today. I have not had a chance to use it much yet, so I'm just trying to get used to it today, now that it's here.

Google did the upgrade to make the forum easier to use and so it's easier find what you are looking for. It's completely different, so it takes some getting used to and there are still some features missing, but for the occasional user I'm sure it will be a better experience.

The Hadfield design team said the layout is slowly rolling out to all users, so you may not see it right this minute. They also said they are continuing to make updates and improvements to Hadfield post launch, so I'd just consider this V.1.

Here is Elizabeth's announcement at the forum.

Welcome to our new redesigned forum!

Our new design is focused on making it easier for you to find the answers you need and ask questions in Google Product Forums.

There are two main types of pages:

Topic pages that focus on the content you need to see: the question, any best answers, and all replies.

Lists of topics that you can browse, filter, and search to find the information you need.

On our forum homepage, just above the topic list, we’ve also included some information and links to topics that we think you may find especially helpful.

If you have any questions about the new forums, please use the POST A QUESTION button to ask. The wonderful experts in our communities can help you figure things out quickly.

We hope you find the new Google Product Forums helpful and fun to use! If you have feedback about the forums that you’d like to share directly with us, you can use the SEND FEEDBACK link, which you can find on any page under HELP on the SETTINGS menu (looks like a gear).

Elizabeth and Jade

GMB Community Managers

Mike posted about it too. Here is his overview and I think he's used it more than I've been able to, so he has more commentary.

<a href="http://blumenthals.com/blog/2015/05/14/google-releases-new-support-forum-platform/">Google Releases New Support Forum Platform</a>

What do you think so far?

Last edited:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Oops Michael,

I had my head in that post working on it for 45 minutes. I'm so slow due to trying to get used to all my new devices and was in pain, so had to keep taking breaks, so it took me forever.

So then I finally got the post done and hit publish.

It was only then, that I saw you had already broken the story I had been working on.
So I merged my post into yours and moved it to the Google IMPORTANT forum.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Good to hear Lloyd. You are a top poster over there this month!

Barry posted some before/after shots today and goes into more detail about the changes

<a href="https://www.seroundtable.com/google-redesigns-support-forums-20304.html">Google Redesigns Support Forums: Here Is The Before & After</a>

Reaction score
I like the cleaner look of the forum and as someone said on my Google+ share of Mike's post, it reminds her of Inbox.

What I am struggling with is finding the unread/unanswered threads - the filter doesn't seem to like me and keeps bringing up answered posts but that's ok, I'm sure I'll work it out.

mborgelt

Reaction score
Nothing like a joint-effort to bring the most information about a post. I am often too succinct so your summary about the new feature was right on time. Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
k.ivanova Google My Business & Google Maps forum threads being deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 11
JoshuaMackens Google My Business Forum Verification Bump Google My Business & Google Maps 5
James Watt Google My Business Forum: Can't enter Website into Profile Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum: Moving to New Google Advertiser Community & New Platform Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L ◈ Dynamic Local Content, Local Video SEO & Google Business View - 3 New Forums Local Content 0
Linda Buquet ◈ Dynamic Local Content, Local Video SEO & Google Business View - 3 New Forums Local Content 0
Linda Buquet NEW! Google and Your Business Forum Update VIDEO - 6/24/13 Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet NEW! Google and your Business Forum Highlights Feed Added Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum VIDEO Wrapup - October 19 2012 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum VIDEO Wrapup - October 5, 2012 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google and Your Business Forum - Secret RSS Feed for You Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Rich Owings Google community challenge to update 100,000 businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R What steps should I take to get my suspended and denied Google My business approved? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
DangGood Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
M Can I Use Google Voice for Google My Business Phone Number? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Google My Business Provider Program API Access İssues Recycle Bin 0
W Accepted Health Insurance Feature on Google My Business Google News: Important Changes & Features 14
Colan Nielsen NEW Google My Business is Testing "Services" Justifications Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
ryannbull Is there a bank of definitions for Google My Business Categories? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
B Google My Business Product Photo Errors Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Brian Barwig New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 1
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Google My Business has been 5 months, no verification code has been received Help & Support for Google Local 3
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
Brian Barwig Overview of New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Professor M Google My Business Messaging and Metrics are getting a boost Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
Claire Carlile New Google My Business Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Search Console vs Google My Business (GMB) Insights: A Large Case Study Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BenFisher Google My Business Adding Reinstatement Request Google My Business & Google Maps 0
abbiebeltran Amway or Avon - Best Practice Google My Business Service Area Businesses 3
Lanerizz Help For Pending Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 1