More threads by Bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop

Reaction score
My Google + business listing has dropped 3 spots in the last two months. If it drops two more places it will be out of the 7 pack. I am seriously panicking here! :eek:

What do you do if your Google + listing is dropping in rank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

A couple suggestions in order:
1. Check that your business category is correct on Google Listing page
2. Make sure your URL is linked to your website (verified site)
3. Is your Listing merged with Page? If it is, make sure the business is verified as well.

It is possible that the business is losing its relevancy to the search terms (hence: category check). It might be losing authority (hence site and business verification).

Lyena

I did a Google + audit on brightlocal.com and I lost about 40 citations, not sure how that happened. So I ordered some 40 more. Crossing fingers that it will help. :(

It sounds like you are looking after it, but in the event that you are not, run a quick citation audit. In the past I would have asked, what are you doing organically, but these days I am finding organic factors are playing less of a roll, and if you are mid to bottom of the pack, those positions are more often governed purely by the local algo anyways. So do a citation audit, use Whitespark, or roll up your sleeves and do some manual search queries for variations of your NAP. You probably do, but most folk I speak with daily assume their citation profile is accurate, because they have always been maticulous. The reality is, you can be as careful as possible, but with the amount of scraping and general sloppiness that occurs every day, you can still have inconsistencies.

Be thorough! Don't depend on tools! Get your hands dirty!

It sounds like you are looking after it, but in the event that you are not, run a quick citation audit. In the past I would have asked, what are you doing organically, but these days I am finding organic factors are playing less of a roll, and if you are mid to bottom of the pack, those positions are more often governed purely by the local algo anyways. So do a citation audit, use Whitespark, or roll up your sleeves and do some manual search queries for variations of your NAP. You probably do, but most folk I speak with daily assume their citation profile is accurate, because they have always been maticulous. The reality is, you can be as careful as possible, but with the amount of scraping and general sloppiness that occurs every day, you can still have inconsistencies.

Be thorough! Don't depend on tools! Get your hands dirty!

Thanks for the advice Adam!
I did do 100 citations myself, so I am taking a break and letting brightlocal.com do some. I do have some citations (10 I think) that are inaccurate, but a few of them seem impossible to edit and I have contacted the site several times to no avail.

Your listing has dropped 3 places for every kw search that it was ranking for?

Bishop, you've asked for help so many times but it's super hard to help blind.

Me and my members just keep wasting time playing guessing games.

We really can't help much without seeing the listing and knowing the main KW.

It seems to me in one of your previous threads you shared the URL but I've searched and searched and can't find it.

You have all these threads asking about rank drops, hiding address, adding price to your G+ listing title, etc. So I'm thinking you may possibly have a violation or something out of whack but can't check without a link to look at.

Could you give us the URL? Otherwise we are just guessing in the dark, wasting time and we can't really help you get to the bottom of it. In addition to spotting a problem we might be able to offer suggestions for improvement. :)

PS also moving this to help and support.

Bishop, you've asked for help so many times but it's super hard to help blind.

Me and my members just keep wasting time playing guessing games.

We really can't help much without seeing the listing and knowing the main KW.

It seems to me in one of your previous threads you shared the URL but I've searched and searched and can't find it.

You have all these threads asking about rank drops, hiding address, adding price to your G+ listing title, etc. So I'm thinking you may possibly have a violation or something out of whack but can't check without a link to look at.

Could you give us the URL? Otherwise we are just guessing in the dark, wasting time and we can't really help you get to the bottom of it. In addition to spotting a problem we might be able to offer suggestions for improvement. :)

PS also moving this to help and support.

I don't think it was a waste of time, I got good advice from other members.
I'm sorry to have bothered you with my questions, I won't bother you with them anymore.

I do troubleshooting all the time and often it's none of the things above and nothing we could ever guess! It's something you would only discover by doing research on that particular listing.

Just was trying to offer you better help.

If you don't want to share the URL I understand.

But I'm closing the thread, so members don't continue to waste time just guessing - without the required info to be able to really help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom