More threads by AdvoAd

AdvoAd

Reaction score
A customer's GBP was suspended on 3/28 and I requested its reinstatement on the same day (without making any changes to the profile prior to the request). So far there was no reaction from Google. Is there anything I can do to get a feedback?

Solution
Have you confirmed that the customer's account is not suspended? When the icon looks like this, it's user account that's been suspended and you can't restore a GBP as long as a suspended account has access to it:

1682950903620.png

We recently ran into that and it took us forever to realise this was the problem 'cause none of us had ever seen that and this is (as far as i can tell) not actually documented on Google's side.
Have you replied to the reinstatement case email asking for an update?

You mean the email with the case ID I received after submitting the reinstatement form? No, but of course I can do that. I did exactly that with other cases in the past and never received an answer to the update request either.

Have you confirmed that the customer's account is not suspended? When the icon looks like this, it's user account that's been suspended and you can't restore a GBP as long as a suspended account has access to it:

1682950903620.png

We recently ran into that and it took us forever to realise this was the problem 'cause none of us had ever seen that and this is (as far as i can tell) not actually documented on Google's side.

Solution

1682950903620.png

Thank you for pointing this out, but I don't think that is the problem here. It is clearly the business profile that has been suspended.

You mean the email with the case ID I received after submitting the reinstatement form? No, but of course I can do that. I did exactly that with other cases in the past and never received an answer to the update request either.

Yes, they usually don't reply to the update request, but they will be alerted that the case hasn't been answered yet and they tend to review the reinstatement request and reply if they will reinstate it or if it is ineligible.

Update: Yesterday I received a mail from the GBP support stating that according to their policies, the customer's profile cannot be presented on Google. IMHO this is complete b***t, as we are talking about a normal lawyer and I even sent them a copy of his bar license with the correct adress.
The funny thing is however, that at about the same time, the suspended profile became visible on Google again! However, it seems that because of the suspension it is not possible to edit the profile.

Status Quo:
- profile is suspended
- profile is visible/ranking for its search terms
- profile cannot be edit

What do you make out of this? :unsure:

it looks like a soft suspension, in that case, you need to use another user to claim the profile again.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean. There are already two users who have access to the profile and the situation is the same for both of them. Should I add a third user? Btw, we DO have access to the profile, but it seems that changes are not being published?!

No, you need to use a user who is not associated with the business profile and claim the profile again.
If you check the GBP on Google Maps, you will see that it is not verified.

First of all: Thank you for the great advice! I was able to claim access to the profile with a different user and we can now make changes again. But what about the two user whose access to the profile was suspended? Can I somehow get them access again?

First of all: Thank you for the great advice! I was able to claim access to the profile with a different user and we can now make changes again. But what about the two user whose access to the profile was suspended? Can I somehow get them access again?

I am glad you were able to get it back. I wouldn't give access to the other 2 users as it could trigger a new suspension as you don't know which one is the problem.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom