More threads by aneelb

aneelb

Reaction score
Hello,

A client I work with has noticed they aren't getting any calls so I checked GMB insights and I noticed they dropped off since September 3rd as did direction requests and website visits. I know this data isn't always accurate but could there be a reason on why consumers aren't interacting with the business?

I'm attaching a screenshot of the drop?

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.01.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.00.09 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.01.19 PM.jpg

I would think a drop in ranking, have you checked the ranking?

I checked rankings I don't see a big drop most of the traffic comes from direct and branded searches.

what do you use to track the ranking in the local pack?

If it is not ranking, it could be a bug.

have you checked the performance report?
1631263549171.png

Forgive me if I sound like Captain Obvious, I am just thinking of the steps I would take to investigate this issue.
  1. Check if the listing is still live, updated, and not suspended
  2. Test all the customer actions options on your business listing from both your desktop and mobile devices.
  3. Check Google Analytics to see if you have any user traffic drops - Protip add UTMs to the GMB URL for better site traffic reporting
  4. Download your Google My Business Insights to see if that pull also includes dropoffs
  5. If you have another GMB tracking tool like (Moz, or Brightlocal, or Yext, or Chatmeter, etc.) check if there is also a similar drop-off in calls
  6. Submit a GMB support ticket and request they check the account for a bug
  7. Comb the internet to make sure there isn't a duplicate GMB listing live diverting customer actions - there is a tool I like NAPHunter that pulls up business NAP search variations on Google
This could be a data lag or a bug and certainly cause for concern. Best of luck.

Something else to look at would be the competition in the Map pack. Are there listings more compelling? Has a new competitor shown up? Looking at Google Analytics have other sources of traffic also fallen off in phone call volume?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom