More threads by KimW

KimW

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
Google has changed my business name. No matter what I do, it will not update to the correct name,
What can I do about this?

Business name is Sound Advice Audiology

Google updated to Sound Advice Hearing

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.54.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.54.54 AM.png

You may wish to conduct a search on the keywords "Sound Advice Hearing" to identify the source. Could be at one of they many citations out there. If you find it submit a request to correct your business name or if you are able to do so self manage it. Double check all of your website content to make sure that your business name is not reflected as "Sound Advice Hearing" in any of your content, front end or back end. I hope this is helpful to you.

You may wish to conduct a search on the keywords "Sound Advice Hearing" to identify the source. Could be at one of they many citations out there. If you find it submit a request to correct your business name or if you are able to do so self manage it. Double check all of your website content to make sure that your business name is not reflected as "Sound Advice Hearing" in any of your content, front end or back end. I hope this is helpful to you.

Already did all of those things. Even Yoast is set to say Sound advice Audiology. The only thing I found was the NPI record says Sound Advice Hearing Aids & Audiology.

If the NPI reflects your actual business name then that's what you should be using for all of your digital material. If not then change your NPI.

From the website, there are links to Twitter, which uses the name "Sound Advice Hearing " and YouTube which has "Sound Advice Hearing Aids & Audiology " and on Facebook, the about section refers to "Sound Advice Hearing Aids & Audiology ".

Those are big citations that are directly linked to from the site, so there are likely many more using these names. You will need to find them all and update them accordingly.

AHH! I forgot to look at Twitter! Thanks, I will see if that helps :giggle:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom