More threads by Avgustina

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Can you recommend me a tool which I can use to check local rankings. I need one that can check Google listings rankings in maps.

I didn't manage to find Google maps ranking checker.

Thanks.
Avgustina

Last edited by a moderator:
We use Bright Local for this. It does have a modest monthly fee, but we're able to keep track of a number of clients on one account. There are a variety of critical reports, including one that shows ranking on Google Maps. Bright Local is based in the UK, but they have a staff person that works in sync with US Eastern Time, so they do have support coverage that runs late. We use their reports to provide monthly updates to our clients on ranking shifts, and we also check the accumulation and accuracy of citations. They've recently added review tracking tools, and we have a couple of clients that are taking advantage of these.

I'll second Bright Local. We have been using them for several years.

BrightLocal is one of the leaders for sure and that's what many here use.

Here's another that's good and a lot of members here use this one as well.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-seo-tools-software/36637-swiss-army-knife-local-search-im-love-tool.html">Swiss Army Knife for Local Search</a>

Thank you all.

Regarding the Bright Local tool, I signed up for the free trial to check whether is fine for our company or not.
After I ran a random keyword check I found out that the tool works only for local results on SERP. However, it doesn't show listing's position in Places (I mean the results that show when you click on "more results" under the 3pack results).

I'm actually looking for a tool which can check those positions too, not only the local results on SERP.

I'll try Places Scout as well, hope it'll work.

It does track the pack. It labels those as "local" on the ranking report. It also tracks "organic" and "maps" rankings too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw that but none of the tools (Bright Local and Local Scout) show an exact position in Places. For example, if the listing is not in top 3 but on 5th place, it is not marked on the report that the listing is actually on 5th position.

Thanks for your help though :)
I'll keep looking for the most suitable tool for me

Yes, I saw that but none of the tools (Bright Local and Local Scout) show an exact position in Places. For example, if the listing is not in top 3 but on 5th place, it is not marked on the report that the listing is actually on 5th position.

I'm sure Scout does. I remember Mark telling me about it.

Expand some of the ranking report screenshots here and you'll see maps rankings as low as 40. I don't remember how far it tracks, but I think it's customizable in settings so if you only want top 3 or top 10 you can set it that way.

But I'll get Mark to either confirm for me that's correct or have him come over and explain more.

Thanks, Linda!
I'll take a closer look to the settings and try to run new reports.

Looking forward for more details from you :)

Oh so you have the trial already and are not just looking at the website. That's good. What I find with Scout is that it does so many things that they really have to have a lot of settings and filters so you can get exactly what you want on the front end. So you really need to check the back end settings to customize.

I'll ping Mark in a bit to clarify, because I don't work with clients any more so don't personally use it all the time, and could possibly be wrong.

Thank you all.

Regarding the Bright Local tool, I signed up for the free trial to check whether is fine for our company or not.
After I ran a random keyword check I found out that the tool works only for local results on SERP. However, it doesn't show listing's position in Places (I mean the results that show when you click on "more results" under the 3pack results).

I'm actually looking for a tool which can check those positions too, not only the local results on SERP.

I'll try Places Scout as well, hope it'll work.

Thanks for your help though :)
I'll keep looking for the most suitable tool for me

@Avgustina - Yes, Places Scout can reporting on your Google Maps/Places rankings in addition to your Organic Rankings.

You can see in the Maps/Places rankings in the screenshot below:

places-scout-sample-maps-rankings.png

Also, you can view Maps/Places results SERP competitor data for each keyword which is an exact view of the SERP results page gathered and see who you?re competing against in the SERP?s:

places-scout-rankings-maps-competitor-data.png

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the quick reply and the screenshots Mark!

And yes those competition ranking reports to size up the competition are really important, glad you pointed that out as well!

We are SEO agency serving small business owners since 1998. We tried brightlocal and found out that most of the reports are not accurate and full of errors. We opened more than 5 helpdesk tickets and none of the issues resolved yet. We have been using PlacesScout now and very happy with the features, accuracy and the support. Placescout is the best local SEO tool that I have seen and tried over the years and we highly recommend to anyone.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom