More threads by JordanJCaron

Reaction score
Google + Local search results not the same as Google Maps & Organic Search Results?

Does anyone know why these three search results are not the same and yield different listings?

I run the Google + Local Wizard reports for clients and they rank well in that. Tonight I ran a report for a plumber who had disappeared from the maps and 7 packs. The report comes out and I see he's ranking 2nd so I'm stoked. But then I see that those search results are different from the maps and 7 pack results.

As an example, I do a search for plumbing Victoria BC from within the Google + Local search function.

Here are the results.
plumbing victoria bc near Victoria  BC   Google .jpg

My client, Goodsense plumbing shows up 2nd, great!

But when I do an organic search for the same term, he doesn't.

plumbing victoria bc   Google Search.jpg

If I click on the maps tab within an organic search, I get the same listings as what showed up in the 7 pack.

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 10.11.35 PM.jpg

So my questions are, why are these search results different? And how can his page be ranking well in the Google Local search but not the organic 7 pack or maps results? He was, up until last month ranking in the ladder two.

plumbing victoria bc near Victoria  BC   Google .jpg

plumbing victoria bc   Google Search.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 10.11.35 PM.jpg

Re: Google + Local search results not the same as Google Maps & Organic Search Result

Sorry to say but I think it's Pigeon and the BrightLocal results are wrong.

Search Classic maps for plumbing Victoria BC and you'll see Goodsense at B.
Classic is still using the old datacenter that has the previous algo.

BrightLocal's servers are hitting the old data center too so are wrong.

What counts is what surfers see and and they see what's in Google search, which matches new maps and G+ Local search.

More info here: <a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/23408-why-us-ranking-reports-wrong-post-pigeon-brightlocal-explains.html">Why US Ranking Reports are WRONG Post-Pigeon - BrightLocal Explains</a>

Not what you wanted to hear, I know.

Re: Google + Local search results not the same as Google Maps & Organic Search Result

Thanks for the quick reply Linda.

Your post in that thread you linked to sums my thoughts up best right now.

Cray Cray Pigeon!

This is one of the many times I'm so glad I don't have SMB clients.

Must be so hard trying to help them understand it's nothing the consultant did, it's just this crazy unpredictable algo.

Damned bird! :rolleyes:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom