More threads by StefanEarly

StefanEarly

Reaction score
Hi all,
We're working with a SAB whose business is named after a suburb where they previously lived. We recently updated their address and they have completely dropped off in Google maps and are not showing up in the local finder. I think Google is getting confused with their name, location and the fact their business name matches a suburb and a search term. Would anyone have any suggestions about how to find a resolution, or is the only option to rebrand? They have suggested using an abbreviation of their name, but I presume that would be against Google guidelines.
Thanks in advance

Update - My apologies, I created a previous thread on this and did not realize Jason Brown had replied, it looks like this is a bug with Google not updating new addresses for SAB's. I also saw another similar thread where someone else had the same problem.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom