Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they are referring to the (y) as the like button.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score

zach.todd

Reaction score
Super interesting. I hope this gains some steam. I look forward to seeing whether or not this gains traction with users and businesses. A study of how this has affected GMB Posts usage would be interesting, once this had time to make an impact.

jeff_taylor

Reaction score
As long as Google doesn't get too pushy I think it will be okay. Seems like they want a piece of the social networking pie and they are trying to jump on the 'stories' bandwagon.

Maps is still a tool that we all use to find what we are looking for when we need it. I don't want to see much else other than what I'm in 'need' of at that time.

I think it would be a good time to look at your social posting strategy for GMB. Develop some metrics to see what is a good frequency/type.

For me, GMB brings in WAY more leads for local than any other social sources (un-paid) and equal if not more than organic traffic. More targeted posts could be more targeted traffic.

Theo1313

Solutions
Reaction score
I for one do not want anything social media related coming to anything maps of GMB. Every social media platform is a dumpster fire. Why would they want a chance to bring that to local businesses? Seems risky for all involved.

jeff_taylor

Reaction score
I for one do not want anything social media related coming to anything maps of GMB. Every social media platform is a dumpster fire. Why would they want a chance to bring that to local businesses? Seems risky for all involved.
There is something to be said for building a community and creating value. Google's been trying to get on that band-wagon for years. Google+ was the most recent. But the way they are integrating this feature could make it easy to skip it entirely.

As long as they don't put a little icon notifying me of new stories or posts - I'm okay.

Nicole Basham

Reaction score
Since we use the GMB app, we noticed the followers some months ago, and we've added a "Welcome Offer" that shows up within 2 weeks of following the business. So far it hasn't done much, but it's a pretty low-resource activity and we just use the same active offer from Google Posts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom