More threads by Professor M

Perhaps they are referring to the (y) as the like button.

Super interesting. I hope this gains some steam. I look forward to seeing whether or not this gains traction with users and businesses. A study of how this has affected GMB Posts usage would be interesting, once this had time to make an impact.

As long as Google doesn't get too pushy I think it will be okay. Seems like they want a piece of the social networking pie and they are trying to jump on the 'stories' bandwagon.

Maps is still a tool that we all use to find what we are looking for when we need it. I don't want to see much else other than what I'm in 'need' of at that time.

I think it would be a good time to look at your social posting strategy for GMB. Develop some metrics to see what is a good frequency/type.

For me, GMB brings in WAY more leads for local than any other social sources (un-paid) and equal if not more than organic traffic. More targeted posts could be more targeted traffic.

I for one do not want anything social media related coming to anything maps of GMB. Every social media platform is a dumpster fire. Why would they want a chance to bring that to local businesses? Seems risky for all involved.

I for one do not want anything social media related coming to anything maps of GMB. Every social media platform is a dumpster fire. Why would they want a chance to bring that to local businesses? Seems risky for all involved.
There is something to be said for building a community and creating value. Google's been trying to get on that band-wagon for years. Google+ was the most recent. But the way they are integrating this feature could make it easy to skip it entirely.

As long as they don't put a little icon notifying me of new stories or posts - I'm okay.

Since we use the GMB app, we noticed the followers some months ago, and we've added a "Welcome Offer" that shows up within 2 weeks of following the business. So far it hasn't done much, but it's a pretty low-resource activity and we just use the same active offer from Google Posts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom